What Is Resident Evil for the PS3?
You just realized that you want to blow off some steam after a long day at work by battling zombies. No, that's not a metaphor for slow-crawling traffic, but instead is the plotline of a video game for the Sony PlayStation 3 console called Resident Evil. This original version of the game wasn't released for the PS3 until Capcom produced a remastered version in HD and launched it in 2015.
What's the Difference Between the Old and New Versions?
Originally, Resident Evil came out for the original PlayStation console in 1996, with subsequent sequels being released for various platforms through the years; however, it wasn't until 2015 that the PS3 got its own title, and game creators made some tweaks to enhance it and update it from the original iteration.
- The game has been remastered for play on high-definition televisions, which means it's compatible with 720p screen resolution. Because of this, details of the game are clearer, the colors are richer, and the quality of the game is elevated.
- The game has additional controls to adjust the difficulty levels. Some players consider the newer remaster to be more difficult than the original, but you have more options when it comes to customization, too, so you can play as you desire.
- Some controls are different, as are camera angles as you make your way through the locations and environments.
What Do I Need to Know About Resident Evil?
This game nearly invented the survival-horror genre, and the basic premise is killing zombies in order to stay alive. It sounds basic, but it does have its complications, and there are obstacles that can make gameplay more difficult.
- The game is Japanese-created, and in Japan, it's called Biohazard.
- The creators of the series, Shinji Mikami and Tokuro Fujiwara, took inspiration from comics, animation, novels, and monster and action movies for this survival series.
- Though this first title takes place in one location, follow-up games take you to numerous locales and environments.
How Do You Play Resident Evil for PS3?
Rated M by the ESRB, this single-player horror game is recommended for players 17 and over due to gore, blood, and violence.
- You can choose from one of two characters to become: Chris Redfield or Jill Valentine.
- Chris and Jill become trapped in a mansion, which is the location where a virus known as the T-Virus that turns humans into zombies was created.
- As Chris and Jill navigate through the mansion, they have to try to survive while fighting monsters and using a variety of weapons in order to complete the game.
Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Sony.