What Is Resident Evil 2 for the N64?
For players who fantasize about what it would be like to have the satisfaction of killing zombies, or enjoy TV shows like The Walking Dead, then this game may be a perfect fit. Put yourself in the shoes of a zombie-killing hero in Resident Evil 2, which was a game released for the N64 console as part of a series of horror-themed games which are fun for genre lovers or those who just take joy from ridding the planet of oozing, brain-eating creatures.
What Should You Know About This Game?
The franchise was so successful that not only are there sequels for the game itself available, but there was also a series of films created based on the series of video games.
- Resident Evil 2 is part of a genre called survival games, which means that you must use weapons and other resources to stay alive while battling the enemy, which in this case, is zombies.
- Released by Capcom, Resident Evil has an ESRB rating of M, which designates that players should be 17 or older to play. It comes in the form of a cartridge, which was the format of games for the Nintendo 64 system.
- Resident Evil 2 is a single-player game. You play from a first-person point of view (POV) and the game makes use of dramatic music, atmosphere, and graphics to create a creepy, scary experience that's exciting and fun for fans of the genre.
How Do You Play Resident Evil 2?
For gamers who have experience with the first title in the series, you'll find that gameplay is quite similar.
- You're in an open world exploring the city, and you'll come up against obstacles as you go, including puzzles you'll have to solve and creatures to kill. In addition, you only have certain health limitations before you die.
- You can choose different paths to play in order to change the way gameplay unravels to give yourself some variety. You also have the option to select from two different characters to play.
- Based on how quickly you complete objectives, you'll be rewarded with weapons and costumes that you can use as you desire to further gameplay and enhance your fighting options.
Are There Sequels to This Title?
There are multiple entries in this series, including official sequels and side games.
- Part 4 was the sixth game in this specific series, and it came out in 2005 for the GameCube console.
- Gameplay changed a bit with the releases of Resident Evil 5 and Resident Evil 6, which added more of a fast-paced feeling to the game than how the series began.
- In 2017, Capcom released Resident Evil 7: Biohazard for the PS4 and Xbox One, which is a throwback to the more original elements of the game, which were more exploratory in nature as opposed to action-adventure.
Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by the brands mentioned above.