Make an Offer
You May Also Like
- Black Roman Royal Muscle Armor Cuirass With Leather Belt Reenactment Costume SCA$185.00
- Brass Spike for German Pickelhaube Armor Helmet Re-enactments Costumes SCA$28.50
- Brass Long Spike W Base For German Pickelhaube Leather Helmet WWI WWII$28.50
- German Pickelhaube Brass Prussia Wappen Badge Prussian Helmet Re-enactments SCA$27.50
- Brass Chin Strap For German Pickelhaube Armour Helmet "Set Of 2" Antique Replica$22.49
- Leather Studded Greaves Leg Armor SCA LARP armour medieval reenactor costume hb$39.50
- Signed Original Candy Dish Italian Artist Aldo Vitaleh Bronze Sculpture Statue$109.85Was: Previous Price$169.00
Hot This Week
- FOUR STEEL tractor seats Metal Farm or bar stool tops Pan Style Large$134.99Almost gone
- Civil War 20 Dollar Gold Coin, Confederate Repro. From Original Dies, Bill$6.99Almost gone
- MUSCLE ARMOUR CUIRASS JACKET & TROY HELMET BLACK ANTIQUE FINISH WITHOUT STAND$249.00Almost gone
- Vintage Antique Steampunk Wrist Solid Brass Compass & Sundial Watch Gift Item$9.99Almost gone
- Rolls Royce Hood Ornament Cast Bronze Flying Lady "Spirit of Ecstasy" Sculpture$96.85Almost gone
- Bronco Buster Remington Western Cowboy Horse Rodeo Rider Bronze Marble Statue$369.00Almost gone
- Nautical Antique Brass Sand Timer Hour Glass Roman Sand Watch Desktop Decorativ$16.993 left
- Bronze Sculpture Naked Stripper Nude Hot Girl Statue Figurine Figure$179.003 left
Got one to sell?
Get it in front of 160+ million buyers.
What Is the Difference Between Vintage Items and Original, Restored, or Reproduction Antiques?
An original antique is a piece of furniture, art, jewelry, or anything else that is at least 100 years old and that still has its original finish and components. A restored antique has undergone refurbishments or repairs and features non-original elements, such as new paint, varnish, or synthetic foam stuffing. An antique reproduction is a copy of an original antique. Sometimes called tributes, reproductions have an aged look but are typically not very old. "Vintage" has a more flexible definition, but it generally describes an item ranging from 20 to 99 years old.
What Characteristics Should an Antique Reproduction Have?
The artistry of a careful reproduction is clear in its materials and finishing elements. High-quality furniture reproductions incorporate real wood rather than pressure-treated materials like particleboard. The wood should have an aged look that mimics years of wear, particularly around the edges, lips, and handles. Instead of screws, square nails make better reproduction finishing connections. Quality reproduction busts and statues should be completely solid and should not have seams that show where the two sides of the cast came together. Art reproductions should show distinctive brush marks and feature real paint on canvas.