Refrigerators are among some of the most common kitchen appliances. The purpose of a fridge is to store perishable items in a climate controlled space that remains just outside of freezing temperatures. By doing this, the longevity of those items is lengthened significantly.
What are the differences in refrigerator styles?
When selecting a new or preowned fridge on eBay, there are various styles to consider.
- Bottom freezer: These fridges have the fridge section on the top and the freezer section at the bottom.
- Compact: Compact refrigerators are often smaller, fitting both the fridge and freezer into a tighter space.
- French door: A French door refrigerator has two doors that are opened by centrally located handles. This style of refrigerator can have a freezer drawer located beneath the fridge portion. This would make it a bottom-freezer refrigerator as well. It can also be side-by-side.
- Side-by-side: A side-by-side fridge has the freezer on the left-hand side and the fridge section on the right-hand side. There are separate handles for each.
- Top freezer: This is the reverse of the bottom freezer. The freezer section is at the top.
What should you consider when choosing a refrigerator?
As far as style or model goes, that is purely a matter of preference. Whether you are looking for a mini-fridge for drinks or an oversized side-by-side, there are many styles or models to choose from.
Before purchasing a refrigerator, you will want to measure the space where you intend to put it. This includes both width and depth. It is important to note that you may need an extra inch or two in order to accommodate the doors opening. Also consider the width of your doorways to make sure you can get the appliance in and out of your home.
What color options are available in a refrigerator?
Modern refrigerator colors are neutral, with black, white, eggshell, and stainless silver as the most commonly found options. Some red and royal blue colors exist, too.
eBay offers elegant black, silver, and white colors in addition to different finishes. The finishes available are:
- Stainless steel: A modern, timeless look that blends in easily with other types of decor.
- Black stainless steel: Stainless steel, but black. Its dark color makes it resistant to smudges and fingerprints.
- Panel-ready: This offers a custom cover that will match the rest of your appliances.
The different refrigerator brands
Besides style, size, and color, brand is an essential factor when choosing a refrigerator. Here are some of the more popular options.