Sitting Easy in Recliners
Reclining furniture is found in many homes across the nation due to the comfort and other benefits it provides. Reclining furniture includes armchairs, sofas, and oversized pieces of furniture. If you host regular parties or just enjoy lounging at home after a long day of work, living room furniture that reclines can help you relax and release stress.What are the benefits of a recliner?
There are a wide variety of reasons for purchasing a recliner, each with particular benefits. These benefits include:
- Space savers - Recliners allow all guests and family members to be comfortable without the need for additional seating. They also work well in small areas as the recliner mechanisms can be hidden when not in use.
- Entertainment - Recliners are a great option for those who love to entertain. They can make family and guests feel more comfortable when watching long movies or hanging out to view a big game.
- Additional features - Reclining sofas and chairs often come with some fun extras, including built-in cup holders and places to stash a remote.
- Health benefits - Reclining chairs can help to relieve stress and can improve circulation when you raise your feet off the ground.
There are several different types of reclining furniture to choose from based on your wants and needs:
- Power - Power recliners have motors that recline at the push of a button.
- Rockers or gliders - These recliners have a smooth, gentle rocking motion. They are commonly used in nurseries or living rooms.
- Wall saving - If you are short on space but still want a comfortable recliner chair, consider a wall reclining chair. These only require 6 inches of space between the wall and the frame of the chair or sofa.
- Lift - Lift reclining chairs have a power lifting mechanism that pushes the chair up off its base. This allows those who have difficulties from getting up out of a seated position to stand up more easily.
- Massage - Reclining massagers have mechanical massage features that allow you to lean back and relax after a long day.
When looking for a recliner chair or a lounger for the living room, there are several things you may want to consider:
- Material - Reclining furniture can come in a variety of different materials, including leather, cotton fabric, microfiber, and other synthetic materials. Leather recliners tend to be plush, but cotton or microfiber may be more appropriate for those who have children or pets.
- Size - Oversized furniture takes up more room than regular living room furniture. If you are short on space, wall savers may be a good option.
- Power - Power recliners are easier to operate for those with mobility issues. However, these models may be heavier than those that are operated by a lever.