What to Know About Sony Projection TV Lamps
Over the years, you may notice the picture on your Sony TV Model KDF-50E2000 is not as good as it once was. Fortunately, there are a lot of inexpensive, replacement Sony projection TV lamps available on eBay. The Sony Grand WEGA KDF-50E2000 uses replacement bulb model Sony XL-2400.How do rear projection televisions work?
A rear projection television works by projecting images on the back of a television screen. A projection lamp shines through lenses, and the lenses inside the television magnify the picture and then reflect the picture off of mirrors. This makes the image show up in reverse on the back of the screen and shows it normally on the side of the screen you watch.How do you know if your lamp needs replacement?
There are several indicators that it is time to get a replacement lamp for your rear projection Sony television that happen before the lamp completely goes out. It is to your benefit to pay attention to these signs and replace the lamp before it completely goes out. To know if you need new rear projection TV lamps for Sony TVs, look for these signs:
- Warning lights: Many television sets have warning lights that come on when it is time to purchase a replacement lamp.
- Slow startup: You may notice that it takes longer for the image to show up on your projection television. This is because the lamp is taking longer to warm up and needs to be replaced.
- Dimness: You may begin to notice that your picture is dim or some of the colors appear muted. This is a clear indication that you need to purchase a replacement lamp.
- Television restarts: If your television has begun to restart itself, it is time to purchase a replacement bulb.
- Broken bulb: If you turn your television on and hear a popping noise and then see that there is no picture, it means your bulb has blown completely. Try to avoid letting this happen as it can damage other television components.
Individual bulbs for the Sony Grand Wega television are available for purchase on eBay. Be sure to check the manufacturer's information so that you purchase the correct bulb. Also, keep in mind that projection bulbs are very sensitive. When you receive your bulb, be sure you do not touch it as the oils from your skin can ruin the bulb.Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Sony.