Improve Kitchen Workflow With Two-Door Freezers and Refrigerators
Whether you run a small restaurant or a large cafeteria, two-door commercial freezers and refrigerators will help your kitchen operate smoothly. Below, you'll find useful information to help you guide you to your buying decision. Read on to find out what to look for in an affordable two-door commercial refrigerator or freezer.Two-door reach-in refrigerator and freezer features
There are three components you must consider when shopping for new or used two-door reach-in freezers and refrigerators:
- Construction - Because of its rust and scratch-resistant properties, most commercial models feature stainless-steel construction. Keep in mind that the grade of steel will vary. You'll find heavy-gauge steel on the exterior and interior of premium units. On economy and mid-sized models, you'll find a stainless-steel exterior with an aluminum interior.
- Compressor location - The compressor helps regulate the internal temperature of reach-in refrigerators and freezers. Top-mounted compressors are less accessible for maintenance but offer full access to the unit. With bottom-mounted compressors, you can easily access the device for cleaning and use the top of the unit for storage space.
- Door material - Depending on your business, you may want a glass or opaque door. The glass option allows you to view the contents before accessing them, whereas solid doors provide more reliable insulation.
- Access type - Traditional two-door commercial refrigerators and freezers allow you to access pans and ingredients from one side. However, you'll also discover pass-through models that sit between the back and front of the house, allowing access from both sides.
Reach-in freezers and refrigerators are essential for a commercial kitchen. You can store pans of food inside these workhorses and depend on them to keep prep ingredients, seasoned meat, and produce fresh for use throughout the week. Other advantages include:
- You can open one side without exposing the contents on the other side, which helps conserve energy.
- Swing doors have self-closing capabilities to help prevent air loss as well as stay-open hinges to make it easy to keep them open for loading and unloading.
- Provide ample storage space for your foods.
You'll find dozens of commercial refrigerator and freezer manufacturers whose new and used products are listed on eBay. Here are a few leading brands:
- Delfield - This brand offers a full line of commercial reach-ins as well as refrigerated prep tables and heated cabinets.
- Everest - This company offers state-of-the-art equipment to make the daily food-service grind easier to manage.
- True - This U.S-based manufacturer has been in the commercial refrigeration business since 1945 and provides a complete line of refrigerated products for food-service, retail, and residential use.
- Turbo Air - This company makes a range of two-door, reach-in refrigerators with self-cleaning condensers.