Ralph Lauren Women's Suits Blazers
When Ralph Lauren started his company in 1967, he only sold men's ties. Since then, his fashion line has expanded to include clothing and accessories for men, women, and children. The brand's womenswear lines offer a variety of suits and blazers, ranging from tailored leather jackers to classic linen suits.What Ralph Lauren brands offer women's clothing?
Since 1967, the label has spawned a number of different lines. Many of them offer women's suiting and jackets. They include:
- Ralph Lauren Collection: The Collection is the primary designer line for women. It was first launched in 1971 and offers runway-caliber sportswear styles.
- Lauren: The Lauren line, which launched in 1996, offers sportswear and women's suiting options.
- Polo: The first Polo line for women was created in 2014. It offers some tailored sportswear options, but this line is traditionally more casual than Collection or Lauren.
The brand has a varied selection of formal jackets, blazers, and suits, and they're made out of many materials. Options include:
- Cashmere: Some tailored jackets and blazers are constructed out of 100% cashmere, a natural fiber known for its lightweight texture and durability.
- Wool: Many of the brand's cold weather jackets and blazers are made of wool. For the upscale lines, like Collection, wool is often blended with silk, which minimizes itchiness and provides the fabric with a satiny finish.
- Leather: Some blazers are made of premium Nappa leather or suede. Most of these jackets come in shades of black and brown.
- Corduroy and velvet: The Collection and Lauren lines often offer jackets constructed out of velvet, a woven tufted fabric, or corduroy, a tufted fabric arranged into a corded pattern. While these jackets do come in traditional colors, like white and black, they are also available in hues like dark green and burgundy.
- Linen and/or cotton: Linen-cotton blends are commonly used to construct the brand's jackets and blazers. For the fall and winter collections, these jackets tend to be rendered in dark hues, like forest green and navy blue. For the springtime collections, the brand often offers linen blazers in shades like pink, white, and camel.
Most of the brand's lines offer women's jackets and blazers in sizes ranging from 0 to 16. Some lines may use lettered sizing for select jacket and blazer styles rather than numeric sizing. In these cases, jackets and blazers are available in sizes ranging from XS to XL. See manufacturer site for details. The brand's styles are designed to be tailored and slim-fitting; women who want a loose fit are advised to size up.Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Ralph Lauren.