Jeep TJ Radiators & Parts
The radiator is an important part in your Jeep TJ. It is responsible for cooling the engine, by circulating coolant through the engine block. A working radiator is necessary for your Jeep to run safely and perform efficiently.Why should you replace your Jeep's radiator?
Problems with your Jeep Wrangler's radiator can be noticed easily. You may notice your Jeep Wrangler TJ running hotter, or completely overheating. Common problems with your cooling system can include defective accessories. Leaking hoses, a leaky radiator, and broken fans are common culprits. If your Jeep's overflow tank runs dry, it can cause serious damage, including a cracked cylinder or engine block.
- Hoses: These are a key component of your Jeep Wrangler's cooling system. Hoses connect the radiator to the engine, and the coolant moves through them. If they start to leak, the whole system breaks down. Luckily, replacement hoses for your Jeep are easy to find. Make sure you get the correct part number, so that they attach properly.
- Fans: If the fan in your radiator stops working, it can disrupt the whole cooling system. When buying a new fan, make sure it is designed for the model year of your Jeep. Fans for the Jeep Wrangler commonly come in 14- and 16-inch sizes.
- Coolant tank: A leaky coolant tank can mean refilling your car with water whenever you go for a drive. These parts are typically made of heavy-duty plastic. Make sure the opening will connect properly to your hoses.
It should be easy to find the correct radiator for your Jeep Wrangler. The part you select should have your vehicle listed in the description. Radiators are typically made out of aluminum, but can also be made from other metals. Aluminum reacts with lots of chemicals, so some specialists recommend going with other metals. Consider these factors when selecting a radiator and accessories for your Jeep.
- Rows: Radiators are described in terms of the number of rows. There are two-, three-, and four-row radiators available. Make sure you are buying the model with the right number of rows for your Jeep.
- Racing vehicles: High-performance engines often require an additional radiator, or a specialized radiator. These are a must for high-horsepower vehicles, as their engines heat up faster. If your Jeep has been modified, consider purchasing a high-performance radiator.
- Model year: There have been significant changes to the TJ platform since the 1980s. Make sure you are looking at parts for the correct model year of your vehicle.