Ford Transit Connect Racks
The Ford Transit Connect serves as a cargo and leisure activity van and includes sufficient space to carry people, tools, and cargo. Installing a roof rack onto your Ford Transit Connect is a great way to increase the carrying capacity of your van for storage space or extra gear. Roof racks come in a variety of mount styles, sizes, attachment options, and more, ensuring that you can find a rack that fits all of your needs.What features should you consider when buying a roof rack?
- Height restrictions: Be sure that you take into consideration where you will be driving your Ford Transit Connect. If the roof rack is too tall to fit underneath certain areas, such as a garage door, it can be problematic.
- Lock mechanism: Some roof racks come equipped with a locking mechanism. If you often drive your Ford Transit and park it in public areas for extended periods of time, having a compatible locking mechanism can ensure the security of your cargo.
- Wind shield: Some roof racks come with a windshield attached to the front, which can help to divert the wind over the top of your cargo and prevent problems with large wind gusts.
- Attachment possibilities: Be sure to consider all of the possible gear and other accessories that you will be transporting, as different roof racks are compatible with a variety of different attachments.
A ladder rack can be a great option for your Ford Transit Connect if you use your van for work. These transport your ladders conveniently and safely. Ladder racks come in a variety of different styles.
- Drop down: These roof racks make it easy to load and unload your ladders, as these systems easily raise and lower off the side of the roof of your van.
- Utility: Utility racks are simple in design, and ladders can easily be set on top of these racks and tied down in place.
- Perimeter: Perimeter racks are designed to mount directly into the gutter on the roof of your Ford Transit Connect. They also include rope hooks to make it easy to secure your tools.
- Flush bars: Some racks are designed to be installed along the edge of the roof of the Ford Transit. These sidebars are flush with the roof of the van, giving these racks a stylish look. The cross bars can be easily attached to the sidebars.
- Raised bars: These roof racks include raised bars on either side of the Ford Transit Connect, and these bars often sit a few inches above the roof of the Transit van. Crossbars can then be easily attached to these sidebars.
- Bare roof: These racks can be placed onto your van if it does not have rails or bars previously installed. These racks utilize towers that are designed specifically for the model and year of your Transit van. Crossbars can be easily installed onto the towers once they are in place.