Frequently Asked Questions About the Nvidia Quadro 4000 Graphics Card
The Quadro 4000 is a powerful graphics card designed for workstations. Whether you're building a new computer from scratch or upgrading an old one, the Quadro 4000 delivers professional-class performance. It is part of the affordable Quadro x000 series of graphics cards that can be found on eBay.Can you combine multiple Quadro 4000 cards together?
Yes, you can. Nvidia's SLI technology allows you to combine the power of multiple Quadro 4000 graphics cards for even better performance. SLI, which stands for "Scalable Link Interface," is essentially a scaling engine that enables the GPUs to work in parallel. It divides up workload between the GPUs and decides what will be rendered. The rate at which SLI can scale up performance depends on several factors, such as how well the software can use multiple GPUs. You will need to use the same type of graphics cards to make it work.What are the benefits of a Quadro 4000?
The Quadro 4000 is designed for professionals who specialize in computer-aided design, digital content creation, and scientific applications. Thanks to its precise floating point performance, the graphics card excels at medical imaging, computational fluid dynamics, and finite element analysis. It is highly efficient at scheduling tasks and processing data in parallel. The Quadro 4000 is capable of 128x full-scene anti-aliasing, real-time ray tracing, texture filtering, and other critical effects. It features a base clock speed of 475 MHz and 2 GB of GDDR5 memory. For installation, the graphics card is compatible with the PCI Express 2.0 x16 bus interface.What are some features of the Quadro 4000?
The Quadro 4000 is automatically equipped with the following features.
- Scalable Geometry Engine: This technology allows geometry to scale in complexity without sacrificing performance. It delivers more details in models and environments depending on what you're viewing. For example, closer models will have more geometry than distant models.
- Nvidia nVIEW multi-display technology: Customize your workspace across multiple displays to efficiently manage your workflow.
- Nvidia Unified Driver Architecture: The Quadro 4000 has a single unified driver, which results in decreased maintenance, improved scalability, minimal driver conflicts, and the possibility of future upgrades.
- Nvidia 3D vision: 3D Vision allows you to view full stereoscopic 3D on any Direct3D game.
- CUDA technology: CUDA harnesses the parallel processing capabilities of the GPU to perform complex calculations, simulations, analysis, and visualizations.
- ECC memory: ECC stands for "error-correcting code." For applications that require extreme accuracy and precision, the ability to correct errors in the memory is vital.