Purple Suits for Men
It is quite rare to find a man dressed in a purple suit. You can choose to go with this color as a show of your daring attitude. Here's a guide to picking out a purple suit.What do you need to know before buying a suit?
Here are some factors you need to consider when buying these suits:
- Your size - Always get a suit that fits snugly.
- Your style - Suits are designed as skinny, slim or regular fit. You should find a design that suits your style.
- Type of fabric used - This can affect your comfort and overall appearance, so choose accordingly.
Purple suits can be stylish and different. However, getting the wrong size can destroy your entire look. The shoulder seams of your dark purple suit jacket should not go beyond your natural shoulder width. The sleeve should only be short enough to expose about a half inch of your shirt cuff. When standing upright, the hem of your purple suit jacket should fall near the base of your front pockets.
To make sure you get the correct size, you should first take measurements of your body and compare them to the guides that most suppliers provide. Here are the critical measurements to take:
Purple suits are made of different materials. Here are the common fabrics used to make these clothes:
- Linen - This material is light and appropriate for warm seasons.
- Wool - Wool is a great option for winter.
- Cotton - This fabric is highly breathable and usually fits comfortably.
- Silk - This material is also breathable and soft. Silk suits can be worn in warm weather to keep you cool and in cold weather to retain heat
Suit jackets come in two designs: single-breasted and double-breasted. Single-breasted purple suits are the most common. They feature two halves with two, three or four buttons.
On the other hand, standard double-breasted suits have six to eight buttons. The most distinctive feature of double-breasted jackets is the peak lapel. The design of these jackets also features extra fabric folding over to the right.How should you decide on the number of buttons?
Purple, black, and blue suit jackets are usually going have a two-button design. However, you can stray from the standard design depending on your height and the purpose. Here are the available options:
- One button - One-button purple suits are designed for lean men. Usually, these single-breasted suit jackets are worn to official events.
- Two buttons - These can be worn in formal and casual occasions. They can be worn by people with all types of body shapes and sizes.
- Three buttons - These are ideal for taller people. With these jackets, you should leave the bottom button undone.