Shop by Category
Limited Time Deals
Free Shipping Included
- Easy Bake Ultimate Oven - Black$44.99
- Fisher-Price Imaginext Ultra T-Rex$49.99was -$100.00 | 50% OFF
- EASY BAKE Ultimate Oven Pan Set - Brand New Replacement (Non-OEM)$17.99
- 15" CHEF PUPPET Free Shipping in USA~ Very Detailed ~ Melissa & and Doug #2553$37.95was -$39.95 | 5% OFF
- Calico Critters Cozy Cottage$29.99was -$39.99 | 25% OFF
- Fisher-Price Little People Animal Friends Farm$39.99was -$42.99 | 6% OFF
- 20000 Water Beads Crystal Gel Balls Pearls Jelly Gel Beads for Orbeez Toy Refill$6.99
- Dress Up America Pretend Play Police Badge$7.49
Best of Dolls and Bears Up To 30% Off
Find your favorite doll or bearShop Event
Got one to sell?
Get it in front of 160+ million buyers.
What Are the Benefits of Pretend Play?
Preschool toys that promote pretend play allow children to use their imaginations and creativity while developing fine motor skills. It also encourages the development of social skills and cognitive thinking. Children who engage in pretend play learn how to communicate more effectively and have the opportunity to solve problems and overcome challenges in a safe, secure environment, which boosts self-confidence.
How Can You Make Pretend Play Time More Productive?
Using realistic pretend play toys, integrating math problems, and encouraging preschoolers to invite children their own age into the pretend play scenario are all ways to make play time more beneficial. Parents and caregivers can also ask children questions and create challenges that prompt the child to use their creativity and critical thinking skills. It is also OK to simply let children interact with pretend play toys on their own to foster independence.
What Are Some Popular Pretend Play Activities?
Kid-size grocery stores, kitchens, and doctor setups, as well as Play-Doh kits and tea sets, are all great for pretend play. They allow children to develop a wide range of skills. Dolls, figurines, puppets, and fake food offer preschoolers the opportunity to have fun while using their imaginations and building communication skills. Dress-up sets, musical instruments, and science kits are other popular pretend play toys.