Precious Moments Figurines
Since 1989, a variety of Precious Moments Figurines have been produced to help people commemorate their special life moments. They are designed to help mark life events, remember loved ones, and memorialize special occasions. Hand painted and crafted of porcelain bisque, these delicate childlike figurines come in a wide array of designs.What are Precious Moments figurines?
The Precious Moments collection was created by artist Sam Butcher. Originally, the adorable, large-eyed children were art pieces featured on greeting cards during the early 1970s. The first three-dimensional porcelain bisque Precious Moments figurines were produced in 1978. Precious Moments are considered giftware figurines because they depict nearly every event and stage of life.How many Precious Moments figurines are there?
The original release of these small collectible figurines included 21 Precious Moments figurines, now known as "The Original 21." In the time since, many additional Precious Moments models have been produced, with typically 25 to 40 new designs released each year.How do you care for Precious Moments figurines?
Porcelain Precious Moments figures may be gently washed in warm water with a mild soap. Allow the figurine to air dry completely, including the hollow inside cavity, before packing or returning to your display. In the event that your Precious Moments figurine is broken or chipped, you may repair it using super glue or porcelain-grade cement.What characters can you find in Precious Moments collections?
- Disney Characters: The Disney Showcase selection immortalizes Disney's older characters such as Mickey and Minnie Mouse, Donald and Daisy Duck, and Goofy. There are also figurines of Disney's heroic and humorous movie characters available, including Jack Sparrow, Tinkerbell, Mike and Sulley, Alice in Wonderland, Pumbaa and Timon, and Simba. The Disney Princess line of figurines includes Ariel, Aurora, Mulan, and other Disney princesses.
- The Muppets: Other Precious Moments collections include the Muppets, with figurines of Miss Piggy, Kermit the Frog, and many others.
- The Wizard of Oz: They also have figurines of classic faces from the “Wizard of Oz,” including Dorothy, the Tin Man, the Scarecrow, and the Cowardly Lion.
- The Care Bears: Care Bears figurines can also be found. Some of those featured in the collection include Grumpy Bear, Cheer Bear, and Tenderheart Bear.
There are a wide variety of figurines designed for a number of special occasions and life moments. Specific occasions include the following:
- Wedding anniversaries
- Acts of appreciation and thank-yous, including American veteran appreciation
- The birth of a baby boy or girl, baby showers, baptisms, and other rites of passage
- Birthdays, including babies’ and children's birthdays
- Communions, confirmations, graduations, and other congratulations
- Engagements, weddings, and retirements