Enhance Your Network Capabilities with the Dell PowerEdge R720 Enterprise Server
The Dell PowerEdge R720 is a rack server that enhances workload efficiency in terms of virtualization, database management, and enterprise resource planning. The computer is designed for midsized and large enterprises that need scalable I/O capabilities and flexible networking, and new and used options can be found in this eBay category. It is based on the x86 architecture.What are some features of the PowerEdge R720?
The R720 is equipped with the following features:
- Processor - The R720 is compatible with up to two processor in the Intel Xeon E5-2600 and E5-2600v2 families. These Xeon processors are built on a 22-nanometer process and contain up to 12 cores. Each core has 2.5MB of memory cache and uses Intel QuickPath technology.
- Memory - The network server has 24 DIMM (dual in-line memory module) slots. Each slot supports up to 64GB of RAM for a potential total of 1.5TB.
- Storage - The PowerEdge supports up to 32TB of maximum internal storage. It also supports up to eight 3.5-inch hard drives and 16 2.5-inch hard drives.
- Slots - There are seven PCI Express slots. One slot has a full-length x16 data lane. Three slots have a full-length x8 data lane. And three slots have a half-length x8 data lane.
- Operating System - The PowerEdge runs on a computer with Microsoft Windows Server 2012, Microsoft Windows Server 2008, Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise Server, and Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
Yes, the server contains multiple internal and external Dell PowerEdge RAID Controllers (or PERC for short) which support a range of different SAS and SATA hard drives and solid-state drives. RAID stands for Redundant Array of Independent Disks. It is a data storage virtualization technology which can create data redundancies and enhance performance by combining multiple disk drives into one or more logical units. Multiple RAID levels are supported by the Xeon server. Moreover, some PowerEdge RAID Controllers support CacheCade technology, which can speed up server operations by identifying the most commonly accessed areas of a data set and then copying them to a solid-state drive.What server management tools are available on the PowerEdge?
The PowerEdge network server is designed with simple management, maintenance, and security options in mind. The Dell OpenManage feature lets you manage and access the server with security from remote, local, and even virtual locations whether or not you have a systems management software agent. You can also automate the network server configurations and scripts locally through the interactive LCD and a vFlash media SD card.Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Dell.