Shop by Category
Shop by Color
Best of Dinner and Dessert Sets
From Wedgwood, Royal Copenhagen, and Meissen.Shop Event
Make an Offer
- VTG C.AHRENFELDT FLORAL LIMOGES FRANCE TEA CUP & SAUCER CIRCA 1918$35.00Free shippingMake Offer
All About Pottery
- Elegance Meets Utility with Chinese PotteryAdd a touch of refined elegance to your living space with traditional Chinese pottery.
- Collectible Pottery from Around the World That Should Be On Your WishlistDishes, pots and other beautiful items made from baked clay and earthenware are sought out and celebrated because they make wonderful collectibles. The joy of collecting becomes even more interesting when you learn about various pottery items from around the world and what makes each culture’s pottery so distinctive. Whether you’re new to collecting or have been accumulating beautiful items for years, these five types of pottery from around the world should be on your wishlist.
- Adding Charm with Handmade PotteryThere's a huge selection of handmade pottery available on eBay and a ton of great deals to be found. Whether you're looking for a rustic vase or sleek plant potter, there's likely something for you! Check out some of our favorites below.
Hot This Week
- Edelstein Bavaria Maria-Theresia Florabell 20671 - Plate For Tea Cup$5.00Almost gone
- Johnson Brothers Olde English Countryside ...mugs$3.004 left
- Royal Worcester Evesham Gold 10 1/8" Dinner Plate$19.999 left
- Johnson Brothers HIS MAJESTY Dinner Plate 3950375$13.9920 sold
- Sango SPLASH BROWN Cereal Bowl 2614119$5.9913 sold
- Gibson Designs SOHO LOUNGE-RED Salad Plate 7681427$6.9912 sold
- Johnson Brothers THE FRIENDLY VILLAGE Lily Pond Salad Plate - NEW$5.5912 sold
- Hutschenreuther APART Dinner Plate 230577$53.9910 sold
EXTRA 50% OFFFrom jmi1
EXTRA 30% OFFFrom ard1955
EXTRA 20% OFF WHEN YOU SPEND $10 OR MOREFrom walter792002
EXTRA 30% OFFFrom margotscargo11
EXTRA 20% OFF WHEN YOU SPEND $35 OR MOREFrom delstar
EXTRA 50% OFFFrom ustcminc
EXTRA 20% OFF WHEN YOU SPEND $20 OR MOREFrom goldielox1017
EXTRA 25% OFF WHEN YOU SPEND $50 OR MOREFrom mystorageitems12
Got one to sell?
Get it in front of 160+ million buyers.
What Are Some Tips for Identifying Authentic Antique China?
To identify authentic antique china, examine the shape of the plates. Prior to the 1950s, most plates were round. If plates contain a rim or second circle inside the plate, this can help identify a maker and pattern. Examining the design also helps identify the manufacturer and production date because many companies were known for specific patterns, such as soft floral displays or classical Greek scenes. Also check for quality. Pieces within a set should be consistent in color and pattern with no bubbles, and they should be stable when laid on a flat surface.
What Are Some Differences Between Earthenware and Stoneware?
Although it looks rugged, earthenware is opaque, porous, and fragile, partly due to the relatively low firing temperature. If unglazed, earthenware absorbs and conducts water. Glazing prohibits the absorption of water and offers the opportunity for decorative design. Because of its porous characteristics, earthenware clay is a good material for planters, such as terra cotta pots, and oven steamers. A more durable product than earthenware, stoneware looks similar to hard stone after firing, hence the name. Generally leak-proof, glazed stoneware products tend to come in earth tones like tan, gray, or brown and make popular dinnerware for everyday use.
What Is Raku Pottery?
Named for its firing process, raku pottery originated in 16th century Japan. Most types of pottery load into a cold kiln for firing, and the process takes many hours to finish, but raku pottery loads into a hot kiln and has a much shorter production time. Artisans then place the pottery into a container with combustible materials like sawdust or dried leaves for smoking. This process creates a distinctive surface and decorative metallic or crackled effects in the finished product.