Portable Audio Headphones
Technology has brought an advent of entertainment on-the-go that is unprecedented, and an important part of this on-the-go entertainment includes audio. Be it music, videos, or games, without audio, our lives will all be a little less melodic. To enjoy audio no matter where you are, without bothering those around you, having a good pair of portable audio headphones is a must.
How are headphones different from earbuds/earphones?
While both headphones and earphones are portable audio devices, headphones are bigger, heavier, and go over the ear rather than inside it. Earphones or earbuds on the other hand, are smaller, and are inserted into the ear canal. Both can be used to play music privately, though they each have their pros and cons.
What are the types of headphones available?
There are generally two types of headphones, circumaural and supra-aural. ● Circumaural headphones are over-ear headphones that tend to be heavier and have more padding that covers the entire ear, making them more noise-isolating. Noise isolation means clearer sound as outside sounds cannot enter your ears easily. ● Supra-aural headphones are on-ear headphones, which are lighter and also padded, though to a lesser extent as they just go over the ears leaving space for more external sounds to enter the ear. Both circumaural and supra-aural headphones have wired and wireless versions, with the wireless versions usually being Bluetooth headphones. Wireless headphones are perfect for better mobility.
What devices can headphones be used with?
Headphones can be used with any gadget that has an audio jack, including MP3 players, iPods, smartphones, laptops, and tablets. The type of jack used between devices may be different in terms of size, though, so be sure to check that when purchasing for a particular device.
What are the advantages of using headphones over earphones?
Headphones have several advantages over earphones, despite being heavier and larger.
● Headphones offer superior sound quality especially in terms of bass and noise-isolation. Purchasing headphones which offer noise-cancellation further improves the experience, making the quality of sound way higher to those offered by earphones.
● Headphones are also generally less harmful to hearing compared to earphones, as the better noise isolation usually means you can enjoy listening to audio without having to turn up the volume too loud.
● Not to forget that larger headphones give you a cool 8s vibe (or a DJ vibe)!
What are some popular brands of headphones?
A well-known range of headphones is Beats by Dre, which is often seen as the most luxurious and high quality pair of headphones one can own. Other popular brands for headphones include Bose, JBL, and AKG, as well as Sennheiser and Beyerdynamic. Each brand tends to have signature features and different sound quality, so be sure to carefully look through specifications when you buy.
Smart shopping with eBay Refurbished
eBay Refurbished is your budget-stretching secret weapon. eBay offers the best value on the biggest selection of refurbished products from exceptional sellers with warranties as good as or superior to what's offered on brand-new products. Because everyone should be empowered to get the exact products they want in the right condition at the right price so their dollars go further.
- Certified Refurbished: The item is in pristine, like-new condition, backed by a two-year warranty. It has been professionally inspected, cleaned, and refurbished by the manufacturer or a manufacturer-approved vendor to meet manufacturer specifications. The item will be in new packaging with original or new accessories.
- Excellent Refurbished: The item is in like-new condition, backed by a one year warranty. It has been professionally refurbished, inspected and cleaned to excellent condition by qualified sellers. The item includes original or new accessories and will come in new generic packaging.
- Very Good Refurbished: The item shows minimal wear and is backed by a one year warranty. It is fully functional and has been professionally refurbished, inspected and cleaned to very good condition by qualified sellers. The item includes original or new accessories and will come in new generic packaging.
- Good Refurbished: The item shows moderate wear and is backed by a one year warranty. It is fully functional and has been professionally refurbished, inspected and cleaned to good condition by qualified sellers. The item includes original or new accessories and will come in a new generic packaging.
Industry-leading Warranty and 30 day returns Included in Every Purchase
eBay has partnered with Allstate to include an award winning warranty in every box. So you're covered in the event your item breaks or malfunctions. Learn more about eBay refurbished warranty coverage.
eBay Refurbished items can be returned or replaced for free within 30 days of receiving them. Only a select group of eBay sellers can participate in the program, and we monitor their performance to ensure they live up to the highest standards of customer service. Learn more about the perks of shopping eBay Refurbished.
Returns Made Simple How It Works
- Start your return: In My eBay, find the item under Purchase history, then in More actions, choose Return this item.
- Select your reason: Depending on the seller's return policy, we may put you in touch with them directly.
- Ship it back: You'll be issued a packing slip and shipping label. Pack the item and ship it.
- Check the listing's return policy before making your purchase.
- Be sure to note shipping deadlines and whether an item can be returned for refund, replacement, or exchange.
- Return the item in the same condition you received it in -- pack it well. Learn more about the item condition policy
- We work hard to make returns smooth. For those rare cases when they don't go that way, the eBay Money Back Guarantee may help. Get the item you ordered or your money back--guaranteed.
eBay Money Back Guarantee
Whatever you're buying--large or small--eBay offers many ways to ensure you get exactly what you want.
Get the item you ordered or your money back--it's that simple. Our eBay Money Back Guarantee applies to virtually everything on our site, and there's no extra fee for coverage. It's automatic and covers your purchase price plus original shipping on eligible purchases*.
Follow these steps to get your refund:
- Contact Your Seller If an item hasn't arrived or isn't as described, go to My eBay, select the item in your purchase history, and reach out to your seller.
- Not resolved? Let us know. If you've talked to your seller and the issue still isn't resolved after three business days, contact us.
- We'll get your money back. Fast. You can count on hearing from us within 48 hours.
*Item exclusions apply. For full terms and conditions, read our eBay Money Back Guarantee policy.