What is a portable AM/FM radio? What types of portable radios are available? What signal types are available? What are some features in an AM/FM radio?
Portable AM/FM Radios
A portable radio will allow you to listen to a variety of radio stations. A portable AM/FM radio can ensure you always have access to music, the news, weather reports, and much more.
A portable AM/FM radio will allow you to take the radio anywhere you want to go. It will allow you to listen to AM and FM stations at any time. You will be able to get a signal virtually anywhere without depending on an app or power from your phone. There might be a charge cord available, or the radio might run on batteries only. The size of the unit varies by model.
You will find that there are many portable radios available. This will allow you to choose a radio with a good speaker and a strong enough signal for where you will be listening.
- Clock radio: A radio is paired with a clock to know the time and to set an alarm.
- Emergency: Emergency radios might offer a hand crank to power them. Sometimes, they also have a flashlight.
- Headset: Headsets can have a radio built into the headphones.
- Sport: Sport models are rugged and might also be waterproof.
- Pocket: The radio is small enough to fit in your pocket and can transmit to Bluetooth headphones.
- Built-in Speaker: Some radios also include a built-in stereo speaker. This is useful when you don't have a pair of headphones with you.
The way that you get a signal is by using the antenna. Many radios have an antenna that you can extend and adjust to fine-tune the signal. You can also change radio stations by using the tuner.
- AM/FM: Just extend the antenna, switch on the device, and find the station you want to listen to.
- Digital: You might be able to get a digital signal if the radio connects to Wi-Fi.
Some models are more rugged and have signal boosters built in. These can help you access stations you wouldn't be able to due to interference or distance.
A portable radio is designed to go where you go. A portable model can have many features for you to tap into. Some of these include:
- AC-operated: You will be able to plug the device into an outlet.
- Alarm: Set an alarm to help you wake up in the morning. This is especially useful on camping or road trips.
- Hand crank: The hand crank acts as a way to generate electricity in an emergency.
- Solar energy: Some radios will use the sun for energy, potentially eliminating the need for batteries or power outlets.
Smart shopping with eBay Refurbished
eBay Refurbished is your budget-stretching secret weapon. eBay offers the best value on the biggest selection of refurbished products from exceptional sellers with warranties as good as or superior to what's offered on brand-new products. Because everyone should be empowered to get the exact products they want in the right condition at the right price so their dollars go further.
- Certified Refurbished: The item is in pristine, like-new condition, backed by a two-year warranty. It has been professionally inspected, cleaned, and refurbished by the manufacturer or a manufacturer-approved vendor to meet manufacturer specifications. The item will be in new packaging with original or new accessories.
- Excellent Refurbished: The item is in like-new condition, backed by a one year warranty. It has been professionally refurbished, inspected and cleaned to excellent condition by qualified sellers. The item includes original or new accessories and will come in new generic packaging.
- Very Good Refurbished: The item shows minimal wear and is backed by a one year warranty. It is fully functional and has been professionally refurbished, inspected and cleaned to very good condition by qualified sellers. The item includes original or new accessories and will come in new generic packaging.
- Good Refurbished: The item shows moderate wear and is backed by a one year warranty. It is fully functional and has been professionally refurbished, inspected and cleaned to good condition by qualified sellers. The item includes original or new accessories and will come in a new generic packaging.
Industry-leading Warranty and 30 day returns Included in Every Purchase
eBay has partnered with Allstate to include an award winning warranty in every box. So you're covered in the event your item breaks or malfunctions. Learn more about eBay refurbished warranty coverage.
eBay Refurbished items can be returned or replaced for free within 30 days of receiving them. Only a select group of eBay sellers can participate in the program, and we monitor their performance to ensure they live up to the highest standards of customer service. Learn more about the perks of shopping eBay Refurbished.
Returns Made Simple How It Works
- Start your return: In My eBay, find the item under Purchase history, then in More actions, choose Return this item.
- Select your reason: Depending on the seller's return policy, we may put you in touch with them directly.
- Ship it back: You'll be issued a packing slip and shipping label. Pack the item and ship it.
- Check the listing's return policy before making your purchase.
- Be sure to note shipping deadlines and whether an item can be returned for refund, replacement, or exchange.
- Return the item in the same condition you received it in -- pack it well. Learn more about the item condition policy
- We work hard to make returns smooth. For those rare cases when they don't go that way, the eBay Money Back Guarantee may help. Get the item you ordered or your money back--guaranteed.
eBay Money Back Guarantee
Whatever you're buying--large or small--eBay offers many ways to ensure you get exactly what you want.
Get the item you ordered or your money back--it's that simple. Our eBay Money Back Guarantee applies to virtually everything on our site, and there's no extra fee for coverage. It's automatic and covers your purchase price plus original shipping on eligible purchases*.
Follow these steps to get your refund:
- Contact Your Seller If an item hasn't arrived or isn't as described, go to My eBay, select the item in your purchase history, and reach out to your seller.
- Not resolved? Let us know. If you've talked to your seller and the issue still isn't resolved after three business days, contact us.
- We'll get your money back. Fast. You can count on hearing from us within 48 hours.
*Item exclusions apply. For full terms and conditions, read our eBay Money Back Guarantee policy.