Pop Culture Cred: The Pontiac Firebird Trans Am
The Pontiac Firebird Trans Am is a popular vehicle that has made its way through the pop culture ranks. The vehicle was prominently featured in such movies as Smokey and the Bandit and Rocky II, and it was used as the main vehicle in television series like Knight Rider and the Rockford Files. Today you can get your very own Trans Am on the pre-owned market. Everyone's got a little Burt Reynolds in them; show yours with a Firebird of your own, and take your first steps in that direction by browsing the listings on eBay, where you can find Firebirds in multiple conditions, from new to used to certified pre-owned.
It helps to look at a few things relating to how the Pontiac Trans Am is laid out. The Firebird was made from 1967 to 2002 and had many changes over the years.What Features Does the Firebird's Engine Have?
The Firebird was made with a V-8 engine throughout its lifespan. But the capacity of the engine has changed over the years. The earliest engines had a 6.6L capacity with 345 horsepower. From the 1980's onward, the Firebird used Chevrolet 5.0L 305 cubic inch V-8 engines. Take a look at how the engine on your car is laid out when finding a choice you can enjoy using.See What the Transmission Is Like
You can find many transmission options in your Pontiac vehicle. These include such unique choices for your car as:
- A two-speed Powerglide automatic setup was one of the first automatic transmissions made available on the market when it was introduced in the 1950's.
- A three-speed Turbo-Hydramatic design is found on many older car models. The design uses a smaller output shaft.
- Three and four-speed manual controls can also be utilized. These offer simplified clutch bodies that make the car easier to move around on most roads.
Take a look at the various additional features inside your Trans Am when finding an outstanding choice:
- See how the wheels are designed. You can find alloy wheels on some Pontiac Firebird models.
- Look at whether or not air conditioning is included. Pontiac did not offer standard AC units in the Firebird until 1997.
- Fog lights are included in many of these muscle car models. These lights cut through the fog and various dark conditions with ease.
- Leather seats are added among some of the more popular luxury features on the inside.
- Later model years feature power windows that are much easier for you to utilize.
- Two-door convertible models are great options that were driven mainly in the 1990's. The convertible top offers a simple mechanism for moving the feature in and out.
Content is for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Pontiac.