Getting the Right Polycom Conference Phone
Polycom, established in 1990, is an American company with multinational offices which develops communication technologies as well as content collaborations in voice, video, and copy. Polycom's venture into IP phones began in 2001, with its acquisition of Circa Communications, a manufacturer and provider of IP telephone products.; Polycom's venture into IP phones began in 2001, with its acquisition of Circa Communications, a manufacturer and provider of IP telephone products like wireless internet conference phones. Polycom offers both handset and desktop IP phones, and is best-known for its enterprise-grade call solutions which allow HD voice and video transmission.
What is the Maximum Number of Callers for Polycom Phone Conferencing?
Polycom VoIP phones like the SoundStation and Polycom VVX are manufactured to business specifications to act as a reliable VoIP conference phone with HD Voice and SIP capabilities. How many callers the phone can handle for conferencing, however, can depend on the phone model.;
- VVX phones support up to three different conference phone lines.;
- The SoundStructure, and SoundStation IP 4000 through 7000 all support up to three way conference phone calls.
- The Soundpoint IP 450, 550, 560, 650, and 670 all support up to four way conferences.
- The RealPresence Trio 8800 supports up to five different conference lines.
Do Polycom Phones Have Additional Features?
Polycom phones like the VSS, SoundStation, and other conference phone models are manufactured to meet the highest standards of business media phones, with high-quality microphones, wireless capabilities and other perks. Here is a summary of many of their additional features.
- Polycom manufactures its phones to be wireless compatible, reducing the number of cords in conference rooms and on desks.;
- Polycom microphones transmit in HD voice, allowing for clearer conversation and voice transmission even in conference rooms with poor acoustics.;
- Many of Polycom's VoIP phones can utilise SIP functions and protocols.
- Polycom conference phones often have desktop cradles with expandable video call and internet browsing options.
- Phones utilise VoIP protocols which allow phones to connect to many different call systems.
- Some phones, like the Polycom VVX, offer; hand keys for speaker, mutes, transfers, holds, call logging and other need-specific capabilities.
- Phones have support for Asian characters, making overseas use between teams easier and more friendly.
Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Polycom.