Polo Sport by Ralph Lauren Men's Fragrances
When you are looking for a men's fragrance, there are a myriad of available options. Understanding a few things about colognes such as Polo Sport by Ralph Lauren men's fragrances before you begin shopping may be helpful.What are some guidelines for selecting and wearing a scent?
Choosing a scent and applying it correctly are both important.
- Choose scents that you find appealing.
- Test to see if the fragrance complements your unique body aroma. Scents like Polo Sport by Ralph Lauren usually do not smell the same on everyone.
- Apply scents directly to clean and dry skin. The fragrance notes and oils are designed to be worn on the skin as opposed to being sprayed on hair or clothing. Spray the scent of your choice lightly on your pulse points or other warm areas of your body after a shower when you are clean and dry.
- Don't overuse your cologne. Aim for two sprays or a light misting of a fragrance.
Fragrance notes are the different elements of a perfume or cologne that combine to create the overall fragrance or scent. There are three classes of notes:
- Top or head notes: These are generally the lightest of the notes designed to be noticed immediately upon application of the fragrance. They include citrus (lemon, orange zest, bergamot), light fruits (grapefruit, berries), and herbs (sage, lavender).
- Middle notes: These are frequently called heart notes and are designed to appear when the top notes evaporate. Middle notes are intended to last longer than top notes. Some heart notes are geranium, rose, lemongrass, ylang-ylang, coriander, nutmeg, neroli, and jasmine.
- Base notes: These are the last notes to appear after the top notes are evaporated. They are frequently thought to give a lasting impression of the fragrance. The base notes include cedarwood, sandalwood, vanilla, amber, patchouli, oakmoss, and musk.
There are several fragrances available in the Polo Sort Ralph Lauren line, including:
- Ralph Lauren Polo Sport: This fragrance was released in 1994 and comes in a cobalt blue bottle whose design was inspired by a water bottle. This scent features top notes of tangerine, lemon, seaweed, and pineapple. The heart notes are rosewood, seaweed, and ginger. The base notes are musk, oakmoss, and sandalwood.
- Polo Ralph Lauren Blue: This was released in 2003. The top notes include cucumber, mandarin orange, and melon. The heart notes are geranium, sage, and basil. The base notes include musk and suede.
- Polo Ralph Lauren Red: Released in 2013, it is made up of top notes including cranberry, red grapefruit, and lemon juice. The heart notes are red sage, lavender, and red saffron. the base notes include amber and coffee beans.