Polo Ralph Lauren Khakis, Chinos Pants for Men
Ralph Lauren launched his signature Polo line in 1967 after working many years for the clothing manufacturer and distributor Brooks Brothers. Two the Polo Ralph Lauren products are khaki pants and chino pants.What is the difference between khaki pants and chino pants?
Khakis and chinos from Polo Ralph Lauren are casual pants that can be dressed up or dressed down. Unlike jeans, however, they are appropriate in most work environments. Both types of pants are derived from the service trousers worn by military personnel. Their distinct differences are listed below.
- Chinos: Polo Ralph Lauren chinos come in a variety of colors, and are typically manufactured from lightweight cotton or fabric blends. These pants have pronounced stitching and hidden pockets. Polo Ralph Lauren chinos have flat fronts that produce a slim fit.
- Khakis: Polo Ralph Lauren khakis come in a narrow range of colors in the muddy green spectrum. Polo Ralph Lauren khakis can have either flat or pleated fronts. They are made from a heavy twill fabric, and their pockets are prominent.
Before you wash chinos by Polo Ralph Lauren, check the manufacturers label to see what is recommended. While most of these pants can be washed, some may need to be dry-cleaned. If the label doesnt contain cleaning instructions, the following guidelines may offer some assistance.
- 100% cotton chinos: Chemicals used in the dry cleaning process can be far more destructive to cotton fibers than chemicals in detergents, so it is safer to machine wash pants that are manufactured from cotton. Use cold water to avoid shrinkage. If your chinos are a tad too large around the waist, though, washing them one or two times in hot water may shrink them down so that they fit better. Once they are a comfortable pants size, switch to washing them in cold water. Chinos by Ralph Lauren may be dried at a low setting, or they may be dried on a line. For a crisp look, you may need to iron these pants.
- Cotton/linen blends: Chinos by Ralph Lauren manufactured from a cotton/linen blend may either be dry cleaned or washed in a machine. If you use a machine, choose a wash cycle with a long soak and short wash, rinse, and spin cycles. Remove the pants from the washing machine as soon as the cycle is finished. Cotton/linen blend chinos should be hung on a line to dry.
- Cotton/polyester blends: Cotton and polyester blended chinos by Ralph Lauren should be washed in a machine. It is safe to pretreat stains on pockets, hems, and other areas with a commercial stain solution. Wash them in hot water with other clothing items of a similar color, and avoid using bleach which has the potential to damage polyester fibers.