Play-Doh and Modeling Clay
Hasbro Play-Doh and modeling clay are classic creative toys for kids of all ages. Kids can make their own creations using the many colorful dough options offered by Hasbro. For added fun, Hasbro also makes sets that allow kids to use molds and tools with their dough to expand their creativity in a variety of ways.What skills does Hasbro Play-Doh help to develop in children?
Play-Doh is a great developmental toy for improving upon a variety of skills:
- Spatial skills: Building toys like Play-Doh and clay help to develop spatial recognition skills, especially when children try to re-create something that they have seen using dough. They will also develop spatial skills such as proportion and hand-eye coordination.
- Fine motor skills: By playing with Play-Doh and clay, kids can develop fine motor skills by piecing, rolling, combining, and constructing the material.
- Artistic skills: Dough is a great tool for artistic expression. Children can develop their creativity and art skills as they model with the clay.
- Imagination: Imaginative play is very important for the preschool years and beyond. Play-Doh products can allow kids to model anything they can imagine and encourages them to get creative using dough and clay.
The Hasbro brand makes a variety of related Play-Doh products to suit many children's tastes and interests. Some of the play sets from Hasbro include the following:
- Play-Doh Touch: This product lets little builders bring their clay models to life by putting the image on a tablet and animating it. The creature then has a whole digital world to explore for hours of fun.
- Play-Doh Kitchen Creations: This series of sets lets little chefs make an assortment of foods. Little chefs can make noodles, ice cream, burgers, cupcakes, pizza, and more. They can use fun tools like the extruder to decorate cakes.
- Play-Doh Shape and Learn: These sets are great for preschoolers who are beginning to learn reading and mathematics skills. This series features sets that teach letters, shapes, numbers, and measurements.
- Play-Doh Doctor Drill and Fill: This toy allows your child to play dentist by making teeth in a model head and then doing their own dental work.
- DohVinci: DohVinci sets allow older builders to decorate their own jewelry and other crafts such as picture frames with using DecoPops and a Styler that lets them make 3-D lines.