All About Plate Racks and Hangers
Decorative plate collections need strong display racks. There are many available options on eBay at various price points, from wall-mounted plate hangers to single plate holders. Whether you prefer to display them on a table or hang them on a wall, there are many plate rack options to meet your needs.
What types of plate holders are available?
There are several types of holders available, including:
- Wall-mounted plate hangers - People who don't have adequate counter space may want to invest in wall-mounted plate hangers to hang their plates on the wall. Collectors can choose between individual hangers, which are designed to hold one plate, and multi-plate styles, which are designed to hold up to eight plates at once. Larger plate hangers come in vertical and horizontal options. While some styles are decorative, with scrolls or embellishments, others are invisible, and use adhesive discs to hang the plates.
- Plate stands - Many plate stands are designed to display a single decorative dish. They can be placed on tables or shelves, and they give collectors the freedom to arrange their plates as they wish.
- Plate shelves - Some display shelves are specially designed for decorative plates. Many of these shelves are wall-mounted.
- Plate racks - Plate racks range from plastic storage units designed to speed up drying to decorative racks made to show off favorite dinner plates. These racks aren't usually made to showcase collectibles, but they are often a chic way to store everyday dishes. Some racks are adjustable, accordion-style, and can be placed in kitchen cabinets as a means of organizing dish collections.
What plate holders are made of
Plate holders are made with many materials, including:
- Plastic - Many plate racks are made of plastic, as this allows plates to dry more quickly. Some plate stands are made of plastic as well, especially if the stand itself is not meant to be visible.
- Metal - Many hangers are made of metal wire, like wrought iron or brass. They often feature embellishments like loops, scrolls, and Victorian-style flourishes. Metal plate holders range in size from individual holders to multi-plate, wall-mounted hangers.
- Wood - Many hanging shelving units are made of wood. These horizontal shelves are a shabby-chic solution to large plate collections and give users a durable place to stack dishes in between uses.
What styles are plate holders available in?
Plate holders are available in an exhaustive variety of home decor styles. People who prefer contemporary styles can select unadorned metal plate holders. Plate holders with decorative loops and flourishes are great for those who prefer classic decor styles.