There are several options when it comes to making and serving food, and plastic bowls are all-purpose tools in the kitchen. A plastic bowl is easy to clean and maintain, and there are many different sizes available. Plastic bowls also come in a wide variety of designs, so you can find something decorative or simply useful.What type of plastic are plastic bowls made from?
Although there are many types of plastic, the two common ones used to make dinnerware are polypropylene and melamine resin. Melamine resin is a tough plastic found in most picnic sets, noodle soup bowls, and children’s dinner sets. A plastic bowl made from polypropylene is first mixed with a dye and an additive in specified proportions. It is then taken to a molding press where it is heated to between 180 and 210 degrees Celsius under pressure for 20 to 60 seconds. After this, it is taken out and cooled in water before the flash is removed to produce the plastic bowl.How do you clean a plastic bowl?
Plastic bowls have the advantage of being light, stackable, and durable. This makes them suitable for serving food to children. It is important to clean your plastic bowl immediately after use to ensure that stains get off easily and to avoid any odor of food. Clear plastic bowls may also develop some stains if not cleaned properly. The following steps will prove helpful when cleaning a plastic bowl of any use and type.
- To deal with the odor of a soup bowl or clear plastic bowl, dissolve 4 tablespoons of baking soda in warm water amounting to 1 quart.
- Immerse the plastic bowl in the solution, and then soak it for 30 minutes until the odor disappears.
- Rinse and dry the plastic bowl.
- If the odor persists after the above steps, stuff the bowl with crumpled newspaper, and then cover it securely.
- Remove the paper after some time once it has completely absorbed the odor.
- To clear stains on your plastic bowls or cups, especially a clear plastic bowl, mix 1 tablespoon of chlorine bleach per 1 cup of warm water. Make enough to ensure that it covers the discolored part of the bowl.
- Pour the mixture into the bowl, and if it has a stained lid, place it at the bottom of the sink as you pour more of the bleaching mixture.
- Allow the bowl to soak for about 30 minutes until it is clear of the stains.
- Wash the bowl in warm, soapy water, and then wipe it dry.
Handling a plastic bowl can seem challenging, especially when cleaning. With proper dishwasher and procedures, however, cleaning becomes less worrisome.