Head for the Trails on a Pivot Cycles Mountain Bike
Pivot Cycles produces a variety of customizable mountain bikes that are intended to meet your high-performance needs. Understanding some of the main components and features they incorporate into their products can help you find the right one on eBay for your riding style.What are some features of Pivot Cycles bikes?
Whether you are a beginning rider or a seasoned pro, you may have specific requirements for your mountain bike. Understanding some of the common features that many Pivot bikes include can help you find the model that works for you. Some of these features of Pivot bikes include the following:
- Adjustable seats - You can adjust your bike's seat to suit your needs or comfort level.
- Lightweight frames - Many Pivot bikes make use of lightweight frames for speed and aerodynamics. Some frame materials include aluminum and carbon fiber.
- Multiple speeds - Pivot Cycles includes several gear options in most of its lineup so that you can choose the speed you need at any time. Bikes with 10, 11, or 12 gears are common.
eBay has several affordable Pivot bikes from which you can choose. Each model should have at least some of the features you've seen here. Some of Pivot's models include:
- Mach 429 Trail - This model in the Mach line has a blue frame, Shimano pedals and shifters, and a Pivot Vigo racing saddle.
- Mach 6 Carbon - This Mach bike has a carbon frame in a double-wishbone style and includes 12 gears, hydraulic brakes, and full suspension.
- Switchblade - Unlike the Mach, the Switchblade frame has a Race X01 build, aluminum handlebars, and a cartridge headset.
- Firebird - The Firebird comes with its own custom frame and has proprietary Pivot shocks, headsets, stems, and bars.
eBay has several handlebar options from which you can choose. Some handlebars for Pivot mountain bikes include:
- Downhill bars - Handlebars of this type are intended to make it easier for you to maintain your grip during fast descents.
- Flat bars - These bars help you maintain your hand position and put your body into a low profile that may be beneficial for racing.
- Riser bars - Risers slope upward at the sides and lift your hands to a higher position. These bars take some of the weight off your hands and are intended to help you pop the front wheel over obstacles.