Everything You Need to Know About Selecting Pioneer 6 x 9" Car Speakers and Speaker Systems
Stereo speakers and speaker systems for your car allow you to upgrade or replace the vehicle's original audio equipment for listening to music. The components of the systems are designed to amplify sounds while minimizing distortion like ringing and thumping. You can consider many types, features, and power ratings when you select Pioneer 6-inch by 9-inch car speakers and speaker systems for your vehicle.What are the types of car speakers and speaker systems?
The available types of Pioneer car speakers and speaker systems include:
- Component: This includes full-range, tweeting, and a subwoofer in the setup.
- Tweeter: This splits the sound waves into separate components and delivers the high frequencies.
- Mid-range: The splitting of the sound waves allows a mid-range speaker to deliver the middle frequencies to the amplifier.
- Full range: This delivers the low, medium, and high frequencies to the amplifier.
- Subwoofer: This component delivers the low frequencies to the amplifier.
The RMS refers to root mean square, and it is a measure of the continuous power output that the speaker can deliver without damage to the cone or coil. The available RMS ratings of these systems range from 5 to 90 watts per speaker.What are some of the features of the speaker systems?
Some of the features of the speakers and speaker systems for automobiles include:
- Grilles: Some of the speaker systems have grilles included for protecting the cones from dirt, dust, and debris intrusion.
- Multiple layers of material: Some of the speakers are made with multiple layers of mica matrix.
- Coaxial setup: Some of the speakers have a coaxial setup, or two speakers mounted together in one frame or enclosure. The two units may be a tweeter in front of the mid or woofer or a tweeter next to the mid or woofer.
- Surround material: The surround material may consist of polymer or a matrix.
The maximum watts of output from the speakers ranges from 300 to 500 watts per unit, or up to 2,000 watts for the speaker systems. The watts vary based on whether the speakers are three-way or four-way units, the way they are wired, and the mounting depth in your vehicle.What are the sensitivities and frequency responses of the speakers?
The sensitivities of these speakers and speaker systems range from 88 to 100 decibels. The frequency responses of the speakers and speaker systems range from 24 Hz to 27 kHz for the three-way speakers to 30 Hz to 34 kHz for the four-way speakers.Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Pioneer.