Philips Sonicare Toothbrush Replacement Heads
A Philips Sonicare toothbrush is designed to clean your teeth with powerful brush heads. The brush cleans deeply to remove a high level of plaque. Here's what you may want to know about the way it works.How long do Philips Sonicare brush heads last?
A standard Phillips Sonicare brush head should last for at least two or three months, but there are several factors that could shorten or lengthen its life. One big influence on your Philips Sonicare replacement brush head is how you use it when brushing. If you press down hard in your mouth while brushing, the brush head can wear out more quickly.
When using your Sonicare toothbrush, just rub it gently across the surface of your teeth. While you might need to press slightly with a standard toothbrush, doing so with this brush head is unnecessary. Just let it do its job as it removes your plaque.How do you replace Philips Sonicare heads?
Use these steps to replace the heads on a Philips Sonicare toothbrush:
- Make sure the brush is off: Make sure to turn off your Philips Sonicare brush completely before replacing the brush heads. You may want to remove the batteries as well.
- Tug on the top of the old brush heads: Lightly pulling on the head should get it to pop off its track. If not, you may need to turn the toothbrush a little until you hear a click. Some models feature a locking mechanism for safety purposes.
- Clean the interior: Clean the contact area of the toothbrush before adding your Philips Sonicare replacement head. This helps keep it running smoothly by facilitating a solid connection.
- Press the new brush heads into place: At this point, you should be able to push the Sonicare head into place gently and firmly. If you had to turn the head to unlock it, make sure to turn it to lock it again.
There are three types of bristles available: soft, medium, and firm. It is important to consider how each kind is different.
- Soft: Soft toothbrush bristles are great for Sonicare users who have sensitive teeth or gums. Brush heads like this remove plaque carefully without putting excessive strain on the tooth.
- Medium: Those with a standard Philips Sonicare often choose medium bristles as a balance between firm and soft. This type of head removes plaque quite well by asserting a little more pressure on each tooth. However, it isn't quite as strong as firm bristles.
- Firm: Firm Philips bristles are a good choice for those who need to get rid of a lot of plaque, especially the DiamondClean. A DiamondClean brush head will target problem areas and eliminate plaque quickly and efficiently.