Make an Offer
- Modernica George Nelson Style Cigar Bubble Lamp w/Stand EUC$200.00+$35.00 shippingMake Offer
- Vintage Mid Century Modern MCM Atomic Sputnik Metal Lamp$24.00+$8.70 shippingMake Offer
- Paavo Tynell Three Light Chandelier Taito Finland House$2,400.00+$75.45 shippingMake Offer
- Mid-Century Boomerang Ceiling Light Chandelier Vintage Atomic Danish 3-Lamp$395.00+$45.00 shippingMake Offer
- RARE MCM EVA ZEISEL STRATOWARE Covered Serving Casserole Brown Beige$29.50+$8.01 shippingMake Offer
- Margarete Heymann Grete Marks Teapot Set 1930 pottery ceramic Bauhaus Art Deco$4,999.00+$24.60 shippingMake Offer
- ART & CRAFTS BRONZE FRAME--ARTS--INDUSTRY--# 503--UNSIGNED--BUY IT NOW!$275.00+$19.48 shippingMake Offer
- Mid-Century Danish Modern Long Neck 34" Blue Green Drip Glaze Pottery Table Lamp$124.99+$11.08 shippingMake Offer
- Herman Miller NYC Pop-Up Shop Poster (Blue) George Nelson & Irving Harper$17.95+$3.96 shippingMake Offer
- Antique Austrian Art Nouveau Decorative Vaser Ernst Wahliss Turn Wien Vienna Art$180.00+$12.75 shippingMake Offer
Hot This Week
- Vintage HERMAN MILLER EAMES ALUMINUM GROUP TABLE BASE W/casters...$45.00Almost gone
- Digsmed Vtg Mid Century Danish Modern Teak Wood Replacement Spice Jar Rack Wheel$19.993 left
- Mid-Century Modern Retro Laurel Mushroom Lamp Glass Replacement Shade Globe #810$79.955 left
- DANISH MODERN Sofa+Chair Reproduction Rubber Loop Coil Support STRAP Hvidt Selig$10.9922 sold
- Laurel Mushroom Lamp Glass Replacement Shade Globe Mid-Century Modern Retro$64.957 sold
- Best Stoned Turquoise Fabric Upholstery Mid Century Modern Vintage Danish$34.994 sold
- Miniature Sampler Egg Swan Chair Mid Century Modern Home Decor Pantone Orange$14.953 sold
- Eiffel Tower Chair Base for Herman Miller Eames Shell - Mid Century Modern$79.953 sold
Got one to sell?
Get it in front of 160+ million buyers.
What's the Difference Between Art Deco and Art Nouveau?
Although people often confuse these terms, and both tend to incorporate geometric shapes, Art Deco and Art Nouveau are different movements from different time periods that relate to different world events. Art Nouveau was in reaction to the Industrial Revolution, from roughly 1880 to the start of World War I. It embraces the European industrial aesthetic of the time and incorporates naturalistic forms that are highly stylized and geometrical. The Eiffel Tower and the work of Gustav Klimt are prime examples. Art Deco came after World War I, amid the Jazz Age from the Roaring Twenties up through the Second World War. Its emphasis on geometric shapes was a bolder, more streamlined aesthetic, including zigzags and wide curves. The Chrysler Building exemplifies Art Deco.
Are Arts and Crafts Typically Made by Amateurs?
Actually, the Arts and Crafts movement of fine and decorative art was an international phenomenon in Europe and North America from roughly 1880 to 1910, simultaneous to the Art Nouveau movement. Unlike Art Nouveau, which embraced industrialism, the Arts and Crafts movement was more romantic and supportive of social and economic reform. It heralded simplicity, often nodding to medieval and folk styles, using traditional methods of craftsmanship. Although "arts and crafts" can refer to elementary school art and DIY projects, these have nothing to do with the historical Arts and Crafts movement.