When it comes to being a powerhouse, the peplum dress stands front and center. From peplum dresses with sleeves to those hot date-worthy little black peplum dresses, the layered fabric design empowers women by instilling extra confidence and pride in the way they feel about how they look. Peplum dresses have a design that attracts attention to all the right places and amazing peplum color choices boost the look and confidence levels to even greater heights of glory.
What are the different styles available in peplum dresses?
- Pleated Peplum - Peplum dresses that incorporate pleated fabric at the waistline help to make a waistline appear more narrow. This style of peplum dress looks amazing on any body shape so go ahead and grab that white peplum dress and wear it with confidence.
- Flared Peplum - Women who love the look of the A-line skirt typically enjoy the way a flared peplum dress accentuates their shape. Flared peplum dresses help cinch in the look of the waist to help create an hourglass silhouette. A black peplum hem dress with heels is a great look for curvy figures.
- Gathered Peplum - Peplum dresses that have gathered fabric at the waistline make stunning choices for women want to have the appearance of curvy hips and a small waist. Women with rectangular body shapes find that this dress adds more dimension to their silhouette and it looks great with a pair of high heels at formal gatherings.
- High Low Peplum - High low fabric lengths allow women to accentuate their best features by creating an asymmetrical look to the body shape. High in the front and low in the back look amazing on any body shape. Peplum dress hems that fall low on the back and front and high on the sides work well for women with curvy figures while high sides with a low front and back add dimension to the hip area.
What are some common fabric choices for peplum dresses?
- Cashmere - While it is perfectly acceptable to curl up on a couch with a good book in a cashmere peplum dress, cashmere is an elegant fabric that begs to be shown off. Cashmere peplum dresses look great in formal settings and on special date nights too.
- Polyester - Polyester is a light fabric that has a soft feel and texture. A polyester peplum dress in a floral pattern is perfect for wearing to work or for a relaxing day with friends.
- Elastane - Peplum dresses with elastane fabric have a stretchy quality that makes them popular clubwear choices. High low styles can help accentuate shapely legs, especially with a great pair of comfortable heels.
What type of sleeve lengths are available in peplum dresses?
- Long Sleeves - Peplum dresses with long sleeves are popular choices for cool weather environments. Pair this type of peplum dress with a set of knee-high boots and you have a perfect outfit for fall.
- Short Sleeves - Peplum dresses with short sleeves are ideal for wearing during the spring and summer months. Vibrant peplum dresses in light cotton fabrics are cool and comfortable additions to any wardrobe.
- Sleeveless - Women who want to show off great shoulders and arms often opt for sleeveless peplum dresses. Sleeveless peplum dresses with sweetheart necklines can create a stunning look for a night out on the town.