Since its inception in 1906, Porter Cable, now part of Stanley Black & Decker, has focused on bringing tools to working Americans. Porter Cable is a manufacturer of both corded and cordless power tools, such as the portable band saw, the helical-drive, and the portable belt sander. Their helical-drive circular saw, developed in 1929, continues to be in production.What products does Porter Cable sell?
The Porter Cable brand has a complete collection of tools and accessories, both corded and cordless.
- Corded tools include drills, woodworking tools, metalworking tools, oscillating multi-purpose tools, and vacuum cleaners.
- Cordless tools include circular blades, jigsaws, reciprocating blades, grinders, sanders, and heavy-duty on-the-job radios.
- Thanks to the 20-volt 4-Ah batteries, the cordless collection offers the power of corded tools without having to seek out an outlet.
- Many of the cordless tools are sold "tool only," without the battery.
A four-piece combo kit features four 20-volt lithium-ion tools, complete with accessories:
- One 20V Max 1/2 inch 2-Speed drill driver
- One 20V Max 5-1/2 inch circular blade
- One 20V Max 6 inch reciprocating blade
- A compact LED work light.
The six-tool kit adds a 1/4-inch impact driver and an oscillating multi-tool.
The eight-tool kit contains all six tools, plus the addition of a jigsaw and an orbital sander.What is the Porter Cable 20-volt MAX lithium-ion battery system?
- The 20-volt MAX lithium-ion battery is an innovation that delivers 4 amp-hours (Ah) of power, enough to run a one-amp cordless tool for 4 hours, delivering the power of a corded tool without having to find an outlet.
- The lack of resident memory means that the 20-volt MAX does not need to be completely discharged to be fully charged, significantly shortening charging time.
- The Minimal Self-Discharge is provides the battery with an extended shelf life.
The system offers cordless, compact tools with an extended performance featuring ergonomic designs and ease of use. Tools designed as part of the 20 Volt MAX lithium-ion system include the Compact Drill/Driver and the Impact Driver.What is a brushless tool?
- Tools with conventional motors have brushes that lose energy as heat and friction as they drag during operation.
- Brushes have to be periodically replaced after enough use.
- Brushless motors, also known as electronically commutated motors, or synchronous Direct Current motors, produce power as it is needed by the tool.
- As the work requires more power, more power is drawn from the source.
Newer lithium-ion batteries work in any existing cordless tool that they will fit and lock into. The rule is "If it clicks, it works."Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Poter-Cable.