How to Choose Ping Golf Clubs
Karsten Manufacturing, also known by its brand name Ping, uses research and innovative techniques to create custom-fitted golf clubs. Karsten Solheim applies scientific principles to create its golf clubs and other golf products. With over 400 patents registered on golf clubs, new, used, and preowned sets that suit many golfing styles are available in eBay.What is in a full standard Ping golf set?
Full Ping sets on eBay include the following clubs:
- Three woods (the driver, a 3-wood, and a 5-wood)
- One hybrid
- Seven irons (3-, 4-, 5-, 6-, 7-, 8-, and 9-irons)
- One pitching wedge
- One putter
Additionally, since golf players can have up to 14 clubs in their bags, some golfers opt to add a wedge or special hybrid to their sets.How does the Ping colored dot system work?
Ping uses a colored dot system to indicate the specific lie angle of its irons as well as the shaft length. Each dot color increases the lie angle in increments of 0.75 degrees. The order of colors goes from the flattest gold at 3.75 degrees through brown, orange, purple, red, black, blue, yellow, green, white, silver, and maroon, which is at 4.5 degrees.
Statistically, most golfers have a more upright lie angle. Yellow or blue dots are the clubs most commonly used. The best way to determine what lie angle you use is to get custom-fitted in person. Factors that will be considered are your height and the distance from your wrist to the floor. In addition, the lie angle of your current irons will be assessed.How can you change the fit of your irons?
Depending on how much the fit needs to be adjusted, you can have your golf shaft adjusted and bent to the proper angle. For larger shaft adjustments, you can have it cut down or extended by up to 2 inches.How do you select Ping golf clubs on eBay?
When selecting Ping golf clubs on eBay, you can choose from the following categories to make your search easier:
- Dexterity: The golf clubs you choose will depend on whether you are left-handed or right-handed.
- Flex: Options include regular, stiff, extra-stiff, seniors, ladies, and wedge flex.
- Club type: Choices are quite varied. These include a complete club set, drivers, fairway woods, hybrids, iron sets, putters, single-iron clubs, or wedges.
- Shaft material: Shafts are generally made from either steel, for swings that focus on distance, or from lighter graphite for more flexibility and accuracy. These materials have variable flex ratings, which can affect the balance between control and distance when hitting.
- Gender: Choose from men, women, or unisex options.
- Price: Ping golf clubs range from inexpensive to much higher costs.
- Condition: You can buy your golf clubs new or used.