Seats for Suzuki Hayabusa
A Suzuki Hayabusa is one of the fastest sport bikes. To enjoy the superior speed, power, and performance its engine provides, it’s important to choose a seat that fits the bike and your body correctly. Many Hayabusa owners choose to customize their bike’s seat for optimum comfort and style.How do you choose a seat for a Suzuki Hayabusa?
Consider comfort and safety first when choosing your Suzuki Hayabusa’s seat. This is especially important if you plan to drive it at top speed.
- Durability: The cover should be non-slip and water resistant for durability. High-quality stitching will reinforce the cover’s material and hold it together for years to come.
- Support: Suzuki seats should be made from high-density foam for optimum support. This will reduce shock, decrease the amount of engine vibration you can feel, and provide a more comfortable ride.
- Design: Riding a motorcycle for sport or as your primary mode of transportation can be hard on your spine. A concave, ergonomic design provides a good fit by allowing the seat to mold to your lower body.
You can purchase a permanent or removable passenger seat for your Suzuki.
- Permanent passenger seats: Permanent passenger seats are attached to the rear section of the motorcycle’s baseplate with steel bolts. They’re a good option for people who often carry passengers or for those that don’t want to store a removable seat. A sleek, ergonomic design won’t detract from the bike’s appearance and will provide passengers with a snug, safe ride.
- Removable passenger seats: Removable passenger seats are adjustable and attach to the rear section of the motorcycle’s baseplate with suction cups. The cups should be strong and easy to attach and remove. This is a good choice for people who don’t often carry passengers or for those that don’t like the look of a permanent passenger seat.
Suzuki seats contain three essential parts made from different materials:
- Baseplate: This is also referred to as the seat pan. It’s usually made of plastic or fiberglass. Fiberglass baseplates are covered with a gel coating or powder-coated steel for durability.
- Foam: This is the material that is enclosed by the bike’s seat cover and is the most important component for comfort. A high-quality foam that is evenly distributed to the front, middle, and rear of the seat will contour to your lower body. This helps keep your spine aligned and alleviates back pain.
- Cover: Most motorcycle seat covers are made from molded vinyl. Stock seat covers are mass produced, but some customized seat covers are hand-sewn for optimum fit.