A BMW X5 Stereo Can Help You Stay Entertained
When you're driving around town in your BMW X5, you want to be able to listen to your music and stay connected with what's going on. A BMW X5 stereo system can provide you with the entertainment you desire. On eBay, you can find replacement ones that may match your original model, and there are also many other types of stereos that are compatible with your original BMW X5 stereo.
How many sources of audio do they have?
The answer can vary depending on your system. Most BMW X5 stereos support multiple sources, which can include:
- Satellite radio (requires a subscription)
- CD or DVD
- Smartphone or compatible tablet connected through Bluetooth
- USB input
What sound quality might a BMW X5 stereo have?
With a BMW X5 stereo system, you should be able to adjust your settings. However, the overall sound quality will also be dependent on the type of speakers that you have. In the preamp section on the BMW X5 stereo, you can adjust the balance, fader, tone, and equalizer. You may even be able to change the crossover, meaning that you can set the subwoofer or tweeter to handle a specific frequency range and let the midrange speakers take care of the rest. The amplifier section may be accessed to boost the low-voltage audio signal into higher-voltage signals.
Are there advanced features that some BMW stereos may have?
At the basic level, you should be able to play music from a variety of sources. Many new BMW X5 stereo systems come with touch screens that make it easy to find the information you want. Other features that may come with a BMW X5 stereo include:
- Voice control: You can control some models with voice-activated technology, so you can keep both of your hands on the wheel while driving.
- Lighting and display: Some of the aftermarket products come with customizable color schemes and animated displays. They could even come with lighting that can flash to the beat of the music.
- Expandability: With AUX, USB, and AV outputs, you can connect other devices to your stereo. Doing so lets you hook up video screens, external amplifiers, and powered subwoofers if you want to further enhance the entertainment experience.
- Security: In an effort to prevent theft and tampering, some manufacturers have built-in security features into their stereos. Depending on the model, you can take the faceplate off when you park. You can also set some models to only work when a security code has been entered.
Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by BMW.