Other Manufacturing and Metalworking Products
From the creation of bridges and engines to materials for jewelry and electronics, metalworking and manufacturing products generate items used on a regular basis. Fully completing this process involves several machines, parts, and accessories. When you're ready to start your own machining company or need to buy more products, consider the following items.What are the differences between manual and CNC lathes?
Manual lathes are operated completely by hand while CNC, or Computer Numerical Control, machines are operated by computer system technology. The differences in the two include
- Time requirements: The manual equipment typically takes longer to manufacture the product than a CNC machine. This is due to the need to manually reset tolerances and cut the metal.
- Accuracy: Since CNC metalworking machines are automated, the quality of the batch of parts will be the same. However, with a manual machine, you can take the extra time to fine-tune critical details.
- Production: Cutting tools operated by a control system allow you to produce the parts faster, allowing you to serve more customers on a regular basis.
When it's time to bend sheet metal, you'll want to consider the following press brake options:
- Mechanical: Known for speed along with accuracy, a motor powers the flywheel, which is then engaged by a clutch to vertically raise the ram.
- Pneumatic: Air pressure is the key to this brake style as it engages the ram via tonnage.
- Hydraulic: The upper beams are moved by using hydraulic cylinders on the frames. These cylinders are completely synchronized.
- Servo-electric: Tonnage on the ram is exerted via a belt drive, which is operated by a motor.
The band saw works by cutting your material with a long, sharp blade featuring a band of metal with teeth. They produce cuts that are uniform due to the teeth being evenly spaced. It can also cut shapes that are curved or irregular. There are two types: vertical and horizontal. A vertical band saw keeps the blade in one place and moves the item across the blade. This is typically used to make angles or difficult designs. The horizontal band saw holds the item in one place and swings the blade to cut. Manufacturers of metal parts can obtain long cuts for welding pipes quickly and accurately with this method.