Choosing the Right Women’s Fragrance for You or a Friend
Some people love to shower in fragrance and some people are super sensitive and only use perfume rarely, but no matter where you fall on this scale, there is probably a fragrance for you and your body chemistry. The only way to know for sure which fragrance is right for you is to apply a scent you like on paper to your skin and see how your body chemistry works with the fragrance. Better quality perfumes like Oscar de la Renta will give you better results.
Eau de Parfum or Eau de Toilette?
The difference between an Eau de Parfum and an Eau de Toilette comes down to concentration. A toilette is a lighter fragrance that highlights the lighter tones in a fragrance line whereas the parfum highlights bolder notes. For some people, a toilette is enough to keep them smelling fragrant all day long, but for other people, it just does not have the staying power because their body chemistry burns the smell right off. Here are a few classic Oscar examples of parfum and toilettes and the kind of ancillary beauty products you can find like lotion and anti-perspirants.
- Eau de Parfum - Espirit d'Oscar is a 2011 reboot of the original scent from 1977. The profile highlights citrus, powder, floral, white floral, and aromatic.
- Eau de Toilette - Oscar eau de toilette spray blends floral top notes with a musky base.
- Layering - One way to make a scent have longer stay power is to layer it with different scent products like body lotion and body powder even before you apply the perfume spray itself. Each scent usually comes in an array of products that can be used to layer.
How to Choose the Right Perfume as a Gift?
If you are getting perfume as a gift, there are two things you need to know first. One, does the intended recipient wear perfume? Two, what are her favorite scents? You could buy her their favorite or use the scent profile as the jumping point for a new scent for her. Here are a few examples of main accord scent profiles available from Oscar de la Renta.
- Fruity - Oscar Flor EDP Spay has a fruit high note with sparkling lychee, lush neroli, and crisp ivy with a heart made up of pink jasmine, mango, and blanc peony. Base notes of creamy musk, tonka bean, and sheer cassis help balance and carry the fruity highlights.
- Floral - Bella Blance is a white floral fragrance with top notes of freesia, green pear, cassis and mandarin and a heart of violet leave, jasmine sambac, white roses, and dewy muguet. Base notes of ambrox, creamy sandal wood, peach skin musk, and cashmere musk contribute to the classic nature of this scent.
Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Oscar de la Renta.