One Shoulder Dress
Showing just a hint of skin, one shoulder dresses are the perfect compromise between sexy and elegant. A one shoulder dress works well for any dressy occasion, and you can easily change the look of a one shoulder dress by adding the right accessories.
What are some one shoulder dress styles?
- Prom dresses - There is something sophisticated about one shoulder prom dresses. Attractive without showing too much, one shoulder prom dresses and gowns come in multiple styles and designs, including floor-length dresses with a side slit, as well as body-conscious, sleek dresses that offer a flattering fit. Select a dress with one sleeve or a sleeveless version.
- Bridesmaid dresses - Chic and classy, one shoulder bridesmaid dresses come in formal fabrics, including silk, and have upscale accents like intricate beading, metallic threads, or added crystal details for a special look. Modern and on-trend, the dresses range in length from long to knee-length.
- Cocktail dresses - For any occasion that calls for a night out, one shoulder cocktail dresses run the gamut from semi-formal to formal. Select dazzling column cocktail dresses, or choose a visually appealing peplum, pleated, or ruffled dress for added accent.
What lengths do one shoulder dresses come in?
- Floor length - A glamorous length for a one shoulder dress, floor-length gowns typically fall right around the ankles. This length works well for a more formal event, such as a wedding. Also called a one shoulder maxi dress, a floor-length black one shoulder dress is the epitome of classic elegance.
- Knee length - For a semi-formal approach, opt for a knee-length dress. Add an eclectic look by opting for standout features such as an asymmetrical hemline, slit, or A-line design that flares out from the body.
- Mini - Kick up your heels in a mini one shoulder dress. Perfect for a prom dress or other fun occasion, a mini one shoulder dress typically falls mid-thigh, creating a more daring look. Select a slim-fitting bodycon style to offer a shapely silhouette.
- Midi - A midi length dress is the happy middle ground between mini and floor-length designs. Midi dresses hit right about mid-calf, so it's not too long and it's not too short, and acceptable for most any dressy occasion.
What are some one shoulder dress fabrics?
- Velvet - Soft and warm, velvet brings to mind holiday dresses and banquets. Perfect for winter, this cozy and gorgeous fabric works well with one shoulder designs.
- Lace - Lace never goes out of style, and when combined with the one shoulder style, creates a seamlessly feminine look. Lace dresses come in many styles, ranging from bodycon to fuller designs.
- Chiffon - Flowing and lightweight, chiffon dresses are a staple of wedding fashion. Great for bridesmaids, one shoulder chiffon dresses feel flirty and beautiful.
- Silk - A silk one shoulder dress makes a statement. The sensuous fabric offers many design options for a one shoulder dress, including a sheath dress, draped design, or sequin-embellished mini dress.
- Polyester - Great for semi-formal occasions, a polyester dress is still more formal than cotton, but less dressy than silk or chiffon. Wear a one shoulder polyester dress for a night on the town or a fancy dinner date.