Omega crafts high-quality timepieces that are built to last. This Swiss brand has been manufacturing watches for more than 150 years, and theyre committed to precision and innovation. Omega has several primary watch collections, including the Speedmaster, the Seamaster, and the Constellation.What are the Omega watch collections?
- Constellation: Omegas Constellation collection includes mens and womens watches. These dynamic timepieces retain several key design features, like the star above the 6:00 position and the claws. These watches come in a wide array of case configurations and metals.
- Seamaster: The Seamaster collection is defined by innovation. These Omega watches are designed for divers and underwater professionals, but theyre worn by both ocean dwellers and land lovers in search of adventure. Seamaster watches are equipped with anti-magnetic Master Co-Axial mechanical movement, as well as useful aesthetic features like big hands and numbers. The various Seamaster models come in an array of metals, ranging from stainless steel to grade 5 titanium.
- Speedmaster: The Speedmaster collection is one of the brands more iconic. These watches have been worn on lunar missions, and these designs are always inspired by the spirit of innovation. Speedmaster watches have chronograph dials and multiple counters, and theyre made of high-quality materials like titanium and ceramics.
- De Ville: The De Ville collection combines classical aesthetics with innovative watchmaking techniques. Mens De Ville watches have traditional cases, two-tone dials, and Roman numerals. The womens styles are elegant, understated, and constructed of fine materials like 18K red-gold and stainless steel.
To ensure that their watches have the precise movement, they are equipped with Omegas Co-Axial escapement. The escapement controls the movement of the watch, determining how quickly the main watch spring releases energy. Omegas Co-Axial device eliminates almost all sliding friction which enhances the mechanical efficiency of the movement. Almost every one of Omegas watches uses this innovative technology to keep time.What features do Omega watches commonly have?
- Chronograph: Chronograph watches are capable of measuring short periods of time, though they are still equipped to measure hours, minutes, and seconds.
- Helium Escape Valve: Watches that are designed to be worn in pressure chambers often have this feature which allows helium to safely seep out of the watch.
- Jumping Hours: Watches with this feature have a digital display at the 12:00 hour which displays the current hour. It jumps ahead after a full revolution of the minute hand.
- Moonphase: This allows users to track the lunar cycle.