Nutrisystem is a weight loss system for both men and women. In addition to the goal of health and weight loss, this system is also aimed at the prevention and control of diabetes. Many people have found success losing weight with these nutritional outsourced pre-portioned meals.How does Nutrisystem work?
Nutrisystem is a line of diet food that is focused on portion control and planning. These foods are high in protein and complex carbohydrates such as those in vegetables and whole grains. Complex carbs take longer to digest, making you feel full for longer, and keep your blood sugar and metabolism on track. With Nutrisystem, focus is also placed on the glycemic index, a measure of how carbohydrates affect blood sugar levels. Foods in this plan are also high in fiber and have zero trans fat.
With this diet plan, you don’t need to plan what you'll eat or grocery shop. You are instructed on what to eat and when to eat it, which takes the guesswork out of dieting. You simply purchase and consume the pre-portioned meals every month of the year. This helps with calorie restriction and convenience which causes weight loss.What types of meals are available from Nutrisystem?
One reason that Nutrisystem is so successful is that you have so many options when it comes to your meals. You aren't stuck eating the same foods over and over again. Nutrisystem provides breakfast, lunch, dinner, desserts, and snacks in a variety of options. Here are a few sample options available when you use this diet system:
- Breakfast - Cinnamon roll, buttermilk waffles, turkey sausage and egg muffin, granola cereal, honey wheat bagel, homestyle pancakes, apple strudel bar, maple brown sugar oatmeal, strawberry crepe, oatmeal cranberry bites, and a turkey, ham, and cheese omelet.
- Lunch - Hamburger, spinach pretzel melt, grilled chicken sandwich, red beans and rice, white bean chicken chili, BBQ pulled pork, homestyle chicken noodle soup, white cheddar mac and cheese, and creamy beef alfredo.
- Dinner - Meatloaf sandwich, mushroom-stuffed chicken breast, roasted turkey medallions, chicken-and-bacon-ranch pizza, stuffed shells, chili with beans, ravioli Formaggio, Salisbury steak with pasta, Santa Fe-style chicken, shrimp and chicken stir-fry, and sesame ginger chicken.
- Desserts - Ice cream sandwich, chocolate cupcake, milk chocolate pretzels, peanut butter cookie, orange cream bar, cheesecake-flavored bar, and golden pound cake.
- Snacks - Sweet-and-salty mix, chewy peanut bar, smoky BBQ snack-a-rounds, popcorn, honey-mustard pretzel bits, zesty herb mix, cheesy puffs, and a whole-grain soft pretzel.
Although most everything you need, this brand has, you'll still need to visit your local grocery store for a few things. These will be the required fresh fruits and vegetables that you need to eat along with the pre-portioned food.