Nintendo NES Console
The Nintendo Entertainment System is a great source for fun in many households. Over time, game consoles have become more powerful and sophisticated than their predecessor. This gave the new generation console the ability to take up less real estate in the household and be easier to use on the go. The Nintendo Classic Edition Video Game brings back nostalgia of the original Nintendo NES with titles such as Metroid, Castlevania and Double Dragon. Although the NES game system looks familiar, there are noticeable differences.
What makes the Classic Edition Video Game Console Stand Out from the Original NES?
- Compact Size: The chassis looks like the original NES console. There's no need for Donkey Kong or a super-sized Mario to help you carry this device. This retro game player can fit in the palm of most adult's hands. The miniature version does not need large bulky cartridges to play popular games. The classic edition has a smaller footprint, is much lighter and no moving parts on the outside.
- Internal Memory: The original NES console could only take one game at a time. Many carried the original 72-pin cartridges around. The miniature version holds many popular games without the use of external cartridges. This makes it easy to transport from one location to another.
- Connects to HDTV's: With an HDMI cord included, the gamer is able to add this classic retro Nintendo console to the HDTV. The original version would take a few connectors to achieve this.
How experiencing the Classic Edition differs from the Original NES Control Deck.
- Portability: It is easy to take the NES Classic Edition plug-and-play console anywhere. The original console requires many parts, a stack-up of cartridges, and wiring to play.
- User Interface: Embedded games in the NES Classic Edition give the gamer more to play, from Super Mario Bros, mega-man and Zelda II. The original control deck only takes one game at a time.
- High Definition: The Nintendo NES Classic Edition format adapts to High Definition televisions. The original version does not adjust to most modern HDTV's, which leaves blank space on the screen.
The contents of this game system provides a much simpler way to get into the action:
- NES mini-console: A retro version of the original gaming console. Built-in are some of Nintendo's popular games such as Mario, Zelda, Pac-Man and Duck Hunt.
- One NES Classic Controller: Almost the exact controller as the original. The only difference is the connector which goes into the gaming console The original controller will not work with this system.
- Power Cord, adapter and HDMI cable: These three elements are what gets this console ready for some Punch-Out play. The simplicity of these elements will start the nostalgic game play in no time.
Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo.