Enhance Your Photography with Zoom Camera Lenses
When you are overlooking the ocean or standing in a beautiful and serene forest, a zoom lens can help you capture many different types of photos, from landscapes to portraits. Zoom lenses are outfitted with numerous focal lengths that can extend from 3.4 millimeters to close to 600 millimeters. These lenses can be equipped on both digital and film camera technologies.What are the different types of lenses available to select?
- Fisheye: This is a type of wide angle lens that offers you the ability to capture photos at a field of view that reaches as high as 180 degrees. These lenses produce a distortion effect at the edges of the frame that makes for a panoramic image.
- Macro: This is a type of lens that allows for the close-up capture of small objects for a larger than life photo of the subject.
- Telephoto: This is a type of lens that comes with a long length, which helps to produce an image that is magnified and has a narrow field of view. The focal lengths that come with these lenses usually start at 60 millimeters.
- Wide angle: This is a type of lens that allows you to take wide-angle shots that capture more of a scene. These lenses have short lengths of anywhere from 5-25 millimeters.
- Digital SLR: This is a type of digital camera that comes with a variety of automatic and manual settings along with the ability to use interchangeable lenses. These devices come with digital sensors and are equipped with memory cards.
- Point-and-shoot: This is a type of camera that allows you to take pictures without changing any of the settings, although most of these devices come with a variety of filters that can alter the appearance of the image you are about to capture.
- SLR: This is a type of still camera that captures images on photographic film and is equipped with a single-lens reflex system. These devices are outfitted primarily with manual settings as well.
- Camcorder: This is a video camera that can capture and record videos in both standard definition and high definition resolutions.
Zoom lenses can be compatible with several different focus types that include manual focus, autofocus, and a mixture of the two options. A manual focus system tasks you with changing the focus of the lens by hand, which can usually be done via a ring that is situated around the base or middle of the lens that is outfitted on your camera. A manual focus system allows for minute changes with the focus. An autofocus system is one that will handle these tasks for you by automatically altering the focus before you shoot each picture. Some of these lenses are compatible with both focus systems, providing you with a small switch on the side of the lens that you can use to change between the two systems whenever you want.Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Nikon.