All Nikon binoculars are designed with high-precision optics. These devices can be used for a variety of applications, ranging from bird watching to a night at the opera, and they all feature ergonomic engineering to maximize comfort. They are also made with high-quality Nikon lenses, which always ensure crisp, sharp images.
What types of binoculars does Nikon offer?
Nikon offers a number of specialty binoculars, including:
- Sports Binoculars: Nikon sports binoculars are designed for action-packed sports events, like football, rugby, and baseball. They offer a wide field of view, which lets users catch all the real-time action.
- Nature Binoculars: Binoculars designed for the great outdoors have sharp fields of view, which allows users see tiny nature details with crystal clear resolution.
- Compact Binoculars: Nikon's smallest binoculars are designed to be portable, and they're great for concerts and entertainment venues. These Nikon devices may be small, but they still offer impressive magnification.
- Marine Binoculars: For nautical applications, Nikon's marine binoculars are perfect. They're waterproof, they're equipped with compasses, and they mitigate temperature changes with nitrogen gas and O-rings.
What features do Nikon binoculars have?
These Nikon devices come with a number of great features, all designed to improve optics and experience. They include:
- Multi-layer Coating: Nikon lenses and prisms are multilayer-coated, which helps to enhance light transmittance and color accuracy.
- Scratch-Resistance: To ensure that the lens and eyepiece don't get damaged, Nikon devices have a scratch-resistant coating.
- Easy-To-Use Eyecups: Nikon's comfortable rubber eyecups have a turn-and-slide function, which facilitates eye positioning.
- Adjustment Ring Locking System: Nikon adjustment rings are equipped with a locking system, which minimizes unwanted rotation.
- Waterproof and Fogproof Performance: The bodies of these Nikon devices are filled with nitrogen, which helps to resist changes in water pressure.
- Armoring: Many of these Nikon binoculars are equipped with rubber armor, a shock-resistant feature perfect for active nature waters. Rubber-armored devices are also more comfortable to grip, which is essential for extended use.
- Field Flattener Lens System: These devices provide a wide, sharp field of view, extending from the center of the lens to the periphery.
- Wide Straps: Straps are a necessary safety feature for all high-quality optics devices.
What are these Nikon devices made of?
- Magnesium Alloy: The bodies of these devices are traditionally constructed out of magnesium alloy, which is lightweight but sturdy.
- Lead and Arsenic Free Glass: The lenses and prisms are constructed out of glass that is free of harmful substances.
- Rubber: Rubber cups ensure that these devices can be comfortably used for hours.