Nike Golf Shoes for Men
The proper footwear is just as essential to the golf game as the golf clubs. Choosing the proper footwear can be confusing with so many styles to choose from. Nike golf shoes for men provide you with varying features that are designed to support your style and play.How do you select Nike golf shoes for men?
The following criteria should be considered when choosing Nike golf shoes for men:
- Select foot style - This includes both supination and pronation. Certain golf shoes are designed to assist in the prevention of ankle injuries.
- Select cleat size and style - There are several cleat types including metal spikes, plastic spikes, and plastic turf grips.
- Playing style - A locking mechanism on specific shoes allows for the shoe to be bound to the foot. An aggressive playing style with lateral foot movement may require this type of shoe lashing.
Golf shoes by Nike share certain core qualities such as thick spiked or spikeless soles, full plantar support, shock buffer padding, and arch support foam. There are specific structural and cosmetic differences that vary between each type of golf shoe including but not limited to:
- Nike Lunar - This golf shoe is engineered to prevent overpronation, which describes the action of your feet rolling inward too much when you walk. Overpronation typically wears down your outer soles and can lead to injury.
- Nike Air Zoom - A golf shoe designed to minimize supination, the opposite of pronation. Supination also subjects your shoes to wearing unevenly.
- Nike Explorer - This golf shoe has a traction pattern with metal or plastic removable spikes that dig into the turf and promotes firm foot stabilization.
- Nike TW - This style has a strap system that provides a lockdown mechanism to fasten the shoes to the feet.
- Nike FL Premier - This golf shoe can be used in wet weather and has plastic spike golf cleats.
Yes, Nike golf shoes have a removable insole. Nike recommends removing the insoles and cleaning them using the technique outlined below.How do you clean your golf shoes?
- Clean the outsole with a soft-bristled brush.
- Mix a small amount of liquid laundry detergent into some water.
- Using a soft cloth, sponge, or brush, apply the soapy mixture to the affected area and gently remove any dirt.
- Follow up with a clean, damp cloth to remove any excess soap.
- Let your shoes air dry at room temperature.