Go Back to Basics with a Naked Motorcycle
The term "naked motorcycle" may sound funny, but it is a pretty accurate description of the type of bike this is. Also referred to as a standard bike, a naked bike is essentially an all-purpose, basic motorcycle that is about as stripped-down as they come. Browse the offerings at eBay for a selection of these bikes in new to used conditions, suiting virtually any budget.Why Go Naked?
There are a few good reasons, especially for beginning riders, to start out with a naked bike.
- A naked design means that it's more affordable than other types of cycles, such as cruisers or sport bikes. Whether you purchase one pre-owned or brand new, you'll be saving money you can spend on enhancing your model as you desire.
- If you don't have much space to store an oversized Harley-Davidson, KTM, or Honda, or filling your garage with an expansive Yamaha, consider a smaller, lightweight, and more compact standard machine.
- These are practical in order to get you where you need to go, they're fun to ride and not overly complicated, and a good way to get your feet wet when you're interested in the world of cycling but aren't quite sure where to begin.
When you're unfamiliar with purchasing these vehicles or you want to get the most out of your money, consider what your options are and match them up with your desires to come up with your dream riding machine.
- One of the most important aspects of any vehicle, whether it's a car, ATV, or bike is the engine. Engines are measured in terms of cc's, and the higher the number, the more powerful yours will be. A starter standard may have a 250-cc engine, but if you want high-performance and to amp up your ride for the full effect, feel the power of a 700 to 1,000 cc part.
- Think about aesthetics. Do you love the way a two-tone model looks, like black with red accents, or the pop of a bold blue bike, or would you prefer the sleeker look of a black ride? Have some fun with the way your machine looks.
- When you're buying a pre-owned two-wheeler, consider what the mileage is, how new the tires are, and whether any body work has been done or custom enhancements added.
Now is the most exciting part of selecting a naked bike; choosing the right make. Whether it's a vintage Triumph Street, chic BMW, or old-school Suzuki, there are a number of options.
- Ducati is a solid way to go, and some to think about include the Monster, Superbike, and the Streetfighter, which are slick and beautiful choices packed with luxury features even in their simplicity.
- Select an Indian Scout from a company with a reputation for top-of-the-line two-wheelers.
- Tried and true, Kawasaki offers up selections like their sleek, black Z650 or the 2012 Ninja.
Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by brands mentioned above.