Mustang Motorcycle Seats
Mustang is a brand that makes seats for motorcycles and is well-known to riders. From a vintage Harley to a brand new Honda, you can find the right type of seat you are looking for. You can take a long trip solo or go touring with your favorite passenger with a wide range of Mustang products to upgrade your bike.What types of Mustang seats are available?
When you are changing from a stock seat to a Mustang, it is important to know what your options are. Some of the options include:
- Single seats for the solo rider or double seats to take a passenger along
- Seats that mount in one piece or two
- Seats that have a higher backrest for a more comfortable ride
- Wider touring and sport touring options without a backrest
- Motorcycle seat designs with different colors, materials, backrest shapes, and studs to match the look and feel of your motorcycle
When it comes to a Mustang seat, the installation process is relatively easy. This is true even if you are not a skilled motorcycle mechanic because most styles have stock mounting points that fit a wide range of makes and models. To install your Mustang saddle:
- Unscrew the rear mounting bolt and disconnect the nose of the original seat. Pull towards the back of the seat until it comes off.
- Line up the new seat to the mounting bolt. Make sure the seat is in its proper place, then tighten the rear mounting bolt.
- If you are changing from a one-piece seat to a two-piece passenger seat, see the instructions that came with your Mustang to mount the seat, and use any additional hardware that the seat came with.
Normal wear and tear is inevitable in a motorcycle seat, but there are some steps you can take to help it last longer.
- Weather can be a huge factor in how long your Mustang seat can last. If you have one that has upgraded upholstery, it cannot be fully waterproof. A seat rain cover can help prevent the seat from getting soaked so you don't have to dry it out every time you ride in the rain.
- Dust and dirt on the seat of your motorcycle can be cleaned with water and a mild detergent. A water-repellent wax can also be applied to a high-grade vinyl seat.
- Scuffs and scratches that are not too deep can be buffed out with black shoe polish applied to the affected area.