Motorcycle Parts for Lehman Trikes
A sturdy, reliable motorcycle can be a fun way to get from Point A to Point B. A lot of consideration has gone into creating the Lehman trike so you can enjoy a convenient and safe vehicle while riding. Having all of the parts and accessories will help ensure that you get the most out of these unique vehicles.What is a Lehman trike?
A Lehman trike is a conversion kit created to turn a standard two-wheel street bike into a three-wheeled vehicle for a more stable and safe driving experience. The Lehman trike conversion kits are available for Harley-Davidson, Honda, Victory, Indian, Kawasaki, and other motorcycles.How do you install handlebar risers on a Lehman trike?
To install handlebar risers, these are the steps you will need to follow:
- Protect the tank of the bike by covering it with a soft cloth or fabric.
- Insert your riser mount into the triple clamp located on the motorcycle steering column.
- Tighten the riser bolts included with the riser so they are securely in place.
- Install your handlebars and torque the bolts to the specifications found in your vehicle owner's manual.
- Make sure all nuts that hold your riser and handlebars in place are tightened completely.
It is possible to install saddlebags on Lehman trikes. However, with the expanded width of a Lehman trike, the saddlebags do not mount on in the same fashion as what you would find on a standard two-wheel motorcycle. The saddlebags that fit the Lehman trike are designed to fit over the rear fenders, facing forward. This is why these can also be referred to as fender bags. It is important to ensure that the saddlebags are compatible specifically for this style of bike.What features should be considered when choosing a motorcycle cover?
Not all trike cover models are created the same, so the sizes and materials the cover is made from are important to consider when choosing one for your trike. Some features that you may want to look for when selecting your cover include the following:
- The ability to whether the specific climate conditions in your area, such as snow, sleet, rain, and humidity.
- The cover’s ability to breathe and wick away moisture. This is important when storing the Lehman product in an area with high humidity as moisture can quickly cause the trike’s body to rust and corrode.
- The size and shape of the cover. It is important that the cover you choose fits your specific trike, so that it is protected as much as possible.