Foot Pegs and Pedal Pads for Harley Davidson Road King
Foot pegs, highway pegs, and pedal pads for Harley-Davidson Road King motorcycles provide you with extra, adjustable support to keep you comfortable while riding on the highway and beyond. They can come in singular Harley OEM parts or as entire Road King kits that provide you with the tools necessary to install the part. Footpegs and pedal pads for the Harley-Davidson Road King are available from a wide range of brands, including Arlen Ness, Harley-Davidson, and Kuryakyn.What are the different types of pegs and pads?
There are many different types of foot pegs and pedal pads available for you to select from for your Harley-Davidson Road King motorcycle, the most common of which is a foot peg mount. Understanding what each of these Road King items is should help you make a decision on which ones would suit your needs as a Harley-Davidson rider.
- Brake pedal: These pads are a portion of disc brakes that come into contact with one another when you step onto the brakes of your Harley Road King. When this occurs, these pads apply pressure and friction to the brake rotors in order to slow and stop the wheel.
- Foot peg mount: These provide you with the ability to add extra grip to your Harley-Davidson motorcycle pedals and are oftentimes added for both street style and comfort. They are available in a wide range of unique styles.
- Floorboard insert: The floorboard of your motorcycle is where you rest your feet when not on the pedal. These floorboards can be changed with a large variety of different inserts that allow you to alter both the shape and design of the item.
These items can come in many different colors. The most prominent of these colors is black, although many items come in sleek silver to offset the darkness. Some of the additional colors available to you include gold, blue, red, yellow, clear, and purple.Which materials are these items made from?
These pedal pads and foot pegs for your Harley-Davidson Road King are available in several materials, the most common of which is aluminum.
- Aluminum: This material is known to be lightweight yet durable, providing you with a substance that is also resistant to corrosion and is designed in a way that allows for a large number of unique finishes and angled looks.
- Rubber: This is a versatile material that absorbs motorcycle vibrations and provides a certain amount of insulation. It is used to coat aluminum or steel footpegs.
- Stainless steel: This material typically appears in a silver color and is known to be strong and durable while dually providing you with corrosion resistance. Due to its high durability, stainless steel is also resistant to impact while providing a chrome-style look.