Mizuno Wave Rider Athletic Shoes for Men
Mizuno Wave Rider running shoes are versatile, so you can wear them while road running, cross-training, or as an everyday trainer. As shoes designed for a runner with a neutral gait, they are supportive, cushioned, and designed for comfort, and they come in a variety of colors.Why might a runner select Mizuno Wave Runner shoes?
When you are running, you strike the ground with a lot of force with each step you take. This is true whether you are a heel striker or a forefoot striker. To reduce the likelihood of injury, you need a supportive shoe to absorb some of that impact. Mizuno Wave Riders offer cushioning in the heel, forefoot, and midsole areas. They also offer the following features:
- Traction to help prevent slips and falls.
- Ventilation for air circulation.
- Flexibility so you can run with natural foot motion.
- Support around your ankles.
- Mizuno Wave technology to disperse the force generated while running.
- Arch support that promotes motion control in your stride.
At 10 ounces, the Mizuno Wave Rider 20 is considered a lightweight shoe. It has a CloudWave Plate for added responsiveness, and a heel wedge designed for extra cushioning in the heel. The triple mesh on the top of the Mizuno running shoes provides breathability. Wave Rider 20 running shoes also offer:
- Smooth Ride grooves: These minimize impact as you move from heel to toe while wearing your Mizunos.
- X10 outsole in the Wave Rider heel: This provides more traction and is made of carbon rubber.
- Flex Controllers: These small wave plates enhance the flexibility of the outsole.
- Medium toe box: Most runners are likely to feel comfortable with the roominess of the Wave Rider toe box.
- Ortholite sockliner: This material is antimicrobial and moisture-wicking.
- The Wave Rider 20 G-TX is a similar shoe, but it also has a water-resistant upper and material that has 360-degree reflectivity.
This model of Mizuno Wave footwear is an option for anyone looking for a robust shoe with cushioning. As neutral running shoes, these can be used for daily running, even for those accustomed to high mileage.
- They weigh 9.6 ounces and have a heel-to-toe drop of 12mm.
- The running shoes come in normal and wide widths.
- The Mizuno Wave feature in the midsole absorbs shocks and smooths out impact.
- The thin mesh upper encourages airflow, which is important during high-mileage runs.