Everything You Need to Know About Choosing a Mini LED Projector
When you need to project images or videos onto a larger screen so that more people can see them, it helps to have the right projector. Traditional projectors can get hot with incandescent bulbs, but LED projectors stay cool to the touch. On eBay, you can find many new and used LED mini projectors at a range of price points.What are some of the features of mini LED projectors?
Here are some of the available features of mini LED projectors:
- Networked: These devices can be networked into your home automation or smart home control systems.
- Built-in media players: Choose units with a built-in DVD or Blu-ray disc player.
- Built-in speakers: This amplifies the sound without the need for separate speakers.
- Projection options: These include ceiling, short throw, rear, tilted view, and table top.
- Portability: Some of the mini LED projector systems are pocket-sized or portable for on-the-go projection needs.
The electronic devices that are compatible with a mini LED projector include the following devices:
- Smartphones: This includes systems that operate on Android, iOS, Windows, and other platforms.
- Remote controls: Universal remote controls may be compatible with the projectors for controlling their functions.
- Tablets and mobile devices: Windows, Android, and iOS tablets and devices are compatible with the projectors.
- Computers: Both desktop and laptop computers are compatible with the projectors.
- DVD and Blu-ray players: Various brands and models of DVD and Blu-ray disc players may work with the projectors.
The available connectivity options for a mini LED projector are described below:
- Video: This includes composite video, component video, and S-video.
- Wired: This includes DVI, HDMI, composite and component RCA, Display Port, mini Display Port, USB, SCART, coaxial and component BNC, Apple Dock, coaxial Belling-Lee, 4-pin mini-DIN S-Video, 15 Pin D-Sub RGB,and VGA.
- Wireless: This includes Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connections.
There are several things you want to consider before purchasing a projector to ensure it has all the specs and features you want. When shopping on eBay for a mini LED projector, consider the following factors:
- Brand: The available brands include ASUS, Canon, Sharp, Sony, and more.
- Resolution: The options range from 320 by 240 pixels to 2,049 by 1,080 pixels.
- Aspect ratio: The options range from 2:1 to 16:10.
- Image brightness: The range is less than 1,000 ANSI lumens to more than 7,000 ANSI lumens.
- Condition: There are new, manufacturer's refurbished, and used projectors available.