Microwaves for the Holiday Season
Thanksgiving Day is almost here and the holiday season is about to begin. Happy holidays are made of laughter and lots of good food. Microwave ovens make tasks like baking and reheating cookies and cakes easier and that’s all you need on a holiday! You can check eBay's Black Friday deals and pick from the vast array of new, used, seller and manufacturer refurbished microwaves available. eBay has a wide variety of microwaves from brands like GE, Samsung, Whirlpool, Panasonic, Amana, Sharp, and more. They are available in a vast array of colors and you can pick the one that matches the theme of your house.
What size microwave oven should you buy?
A small or compact model is sufficient for reheating food. If you are cooking foods such as a baked potato, you may be fine with a mid-level size. The inner capacity sizes range from 17 liter to 32 liter. A large size of 27 liter to 32 liter is suitable for a family. Some larger sizes have a tall height for cooking one dish above another.
What types of microwave ovens can you buy?
Models available include convection, counter top, commercial, over-the-range, and built-in. If you have plenty of counter space, a counter-top model will suit your needs. A built-in or over-the-range microwave works well if you are lacking counter space.
What power microwave oven should you buy?
The higher the wattage, the more powerful the oven. Compact ovens are 600 to 700 watts. Higher power levels range from 1,000 to 1,300 watts.
What color microwave ovens can you choose from?
Stainless steel models are a common choice and will blend in if you have other stainless steel appliances. Matching the color to your cabinets will also help it blend in. Black finishes give an inconspicuous polished look. Retro colors are available as well if that suits your preferences.
What features are available?
- Defrost: Defrosting is a handy feature if you find yourself in a pinch and need to quickly thaw some frozen food.
- Child lock: This feature will keep your safe from tampering with the settings or disturbing during cooking.
- Drop down door: The door drops down to enable easy transfer of food to and from the oven. When the door is down, it provides a convenient place to place your hot dishes.
- Linings: Liners line and self-clean the oven. The available types of liners are catalytic and pyrolytic.
- Sequencing: Changes the power levels automatically. You can defrost and then cook your food without intervention.
- Power: You can set power levels based on low to high depending on the heat setting you want to cook your food.
- Preset programming: Preset controls are set to popcorn, defrost, pizza, and more. You choose the control that matches the food you are cooking without having to set the timer yourself.